This site is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, I may earn an affiliate commission.
The Philips Multigroom 5000 is a mid-range all-in-one grooming device for men. It’s an 18-piece package for head-to-toe grooming that is extremely popular and one of the best-selling trimming devices on the market. In this article, I’m sharing a detailed review of the Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 trimmer, including its pros and cons.
If you are tired of reading the full article, this overview may give you an instant idea about the Philips Multigroom 5000 trimmer.
- The Philips Multigroom 5000 comes with 18 pieces of grooming instruments for full-body grooming.
- It features Dual-cut self-sharpening blades that are 2x sharper than regular trimmer blades.
- The sharpness of the blades will remain for up to 4 years.
- A powerful Lithium-ion rechargeable battery provides 3 hours of cordless performance with a 1-hour charge.
- It is a cordless + corded trimmer that can be used while plugged in.
- 100% washable with direct running water or sink.
- 13 of the trimming guards are made with reinforced fiberglass material for protecting bending and buckling.
- It features a reinforced tempered steel motor for high-torque performance.
- There is a nose trimmer for nose and ear hair trimming; a detail trimmer for precision trimming; an extra-wide hair trimmer for hair trimming or long beard trimming; and a regular trimmer attachment for beard and stubble trimming.
What’s in the Box?
I found the following items after unboxing the Philips Multigroom 5000 trimmer package.
- Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 full-size trimmer
- One Extra-wide hair trimmer attachment
- Precision trimmer
- Nose/ear trimmer
- stubble guard (3/6in.) 1mm
- stubble guard (5/6in.) 2mm
- 1 beard guard (1/8in.) 3mm
- A beard guard 3/16in. (5mm)
- beard guard 9/32in. (7mm)
- AC adapter
- Hair guard 5/32in. (4mm)
- 1 Hair guard 3/8in. (9mm)
- 1 Hair guard 15/32in. (12mm)
- Hair guard 21/32in. (16mm)
- 2 Fading hair guard 5/32in. – 3/8in. (4mm – 9mm)
- Body-guard 1/8in. (3mm)
- Body-guard 3/1in. (5mm)
- Storage bag and
- A little cleaning brush
Features and Specifications Analysis
The blades of Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 come with dual-cut technology, and they are 2X sharper which can provide maximum precision trim.
Long Lasting Battery Life
The Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 is powered by a Lithium-ion battery, providing 3 hours of operating time per 1 hour of charge.
For additional convenience, we can use the trimmer while plugged in.
Reinforced Trimming Guards
There are 13 reinforced trimming guards to prevent skin from bending and bucking.
Provide you with an even trim each time.
All the attachments of Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 are 100% washable.
So, just hold the attachments and blades under the running water for easy cleaning.
Secured and Comfortable Rubber Grip
The trimmer handle is made with a non-slip high-quality rubber grip to prevent sudden slip from your wet and slippy hand.
Stainless Steel Blades
The blades will create clean and straight lines. They are able to cut perfectly the thickest hair.
Philips engineered their Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 grooming kit with non-corrosive blades that won’t rust.
Steel Precision Trimmer
There is a precision trimmer with the Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 grooming kit package.
The steel precision trimmer is narrowly designed, which will provide you to precisely edge and finish the small details.
Nose and Ear Trimmer
This trimmer is for removing unwanted hair from the nose and ear without nicks and cuts.
Extra-wide Hair Trimmer
The extra-wide design will help to capture more hair in every stroke for faster trimming.
This trimming head is specially designed for head hairs or long beards.
Built Quality and Using Method
Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 has 16 additional attachments for all trimming needs.
The trimmer is only 12 ounces lightweight, and the rubber grip handle will easily fit on your thumb.
The rubber grip is sticky so it won’t slip from your hand.
The trimmer is not fully washable, but the attachments are fully washable.
You can see the ON/OFF button on the front side, and the socket is located at the bottom of the trimmer.
Let’s know the details about the attachments-
#Attachments for Beards
Use the Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 full-size trimmer without a guard to trim the beard, neck, and sideburns very closely to the skin.
- For close trim to the skin, position the flat side of the cutting stuff against your skin and create strokes against the direction of the hair growth.
- For contouring, you have to hold the cutting stuff straight to the skin and then move it upwards or downwards with light pressure.
#Beard Guards –
To trim your beard and mustache evenly, you have to attach a beard guard to the full–size trimmer.
5 beard guards come with this package, and the hair length settings are reported on the guards.
|Stubble Guard 1
|Stubble Guard 2
|Beard Guard 1
|Beard Guard 2
|Beard Guard 3
#Attachments for The Body
- There are green body-guards for the body hair.
- When trimming your body hair for the 1st time, use the 5mm/3/16in.
- Apply it to clean and dry hair because if you use it on wet hair, it tends to stick to the body when you trim sensitive areas.
- Since all hairs don’t grow in the same direction, you have to try different trimming positions. It can be upwards/downwards/across.
- Always make a gentle movement and be certain the surface of the guard always remains in contact with the skin.
- When too many hairs are deposited on the appliance, blow the hairs out before use for the best trimming output.
#Body Guards –
There are 2 body guards come with this package. Attach the guard on the full-size trimmer for trimming below the neckline hairs. The hair length settings are reported on the guards.
|Body Guard 1
|Body Guard 2
#Attachments for Head Hair
These hair guards are extra wide.
- To create the hairline around the ears, comb your hair ends over the ears
- Tilt the appliance in such a way as if only one edge of the cutter blades touches the hair ends when you shape the contours around your ears.
- Turn the appliance and create downward strokes to contour the neck/sideburn’s nape.
- Move the appliance gently following the natural hairline. These guards make the trimmer an extra-wide hair trimmer and evenly trim your hairs on the head.
#Hair Guards –
The Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 comes with 4 hair guards. Hair length settings are reported on the guards, corresponding to the staying hair length after trimming.
|Hair Guard 1
|Hair Guard 2
|Hair Guard 3
|Hair Guard 4
#Fading Hair Guard Attachments
Attach these guards to the extra-wide hair trimmer to trim the hair around the ears for a faded output.
The Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 comes with 2 fading guards. These 2 guards are for trimming the hair around both ears.
Select a hair guard based on the preferred trimming direction (back to front/front to back).
You always have to hold the side of the guard with the short teeth closest to your ear.
|Fading Hair Guard
|5/32in – 3/8in
|4mm – 9mm
- You have to attach the guard to the extra-wide hair trimmer
- Position the appliance on your hair at the back or forth of your ears, it will depend on the trimming direction you prefer. Always be certain that the side of the guard with the short teeth is closest to your ear.
- To obtain the best result, move the trimming machine against the direction of hair growth (back and front).
#The Precision Attachments for The Face
The precision trimmer
This attachment creates fine lines and contours around your facial style (1/32 inch/0.5mm).
- You have to hold the precision trimming head straight to the skin and move the trimming head upwards or downwards with light pressure.
This attachment is to trim your nose and ear hair.
- Be certain the nasal passages are clean.
- Be certain the outer channels are clean and free from wax
- Never insert the tip more than 3/16inch/5mm
- Always clean the attachment after every use
- While you will remove your unwanted hairs, lightly move the tip in and out of the nose and turn the hairs around.
Trimming The Ear Hairs
- To remove the beyond-rim hairs of the ear, you have to just gently move the tip around your ear.
- Slowly operate the tip in and out of the outer ear channel to remove undesirable hairs.
Battery Life and Charging
Philips Norelco Mmultigroom 5000 is powered by a lithium-ion battery. The battery will provide 3 hours of cordless use with 1 hour of charge.
Quick charge – after 5 min, this battery will provide enough juice for one trim.
- when you will charge the trimmer, be certain the trimmer is turned OFF
- Charging the product at temperatures below 40 degrees F (4/5 degrees C) or higher than 95 degrees F (35 degrees C) adversely affects the battery lifespan.
- If the trimmer is subjected to a great change in temperature, let the trimmer adapt for 30 minutes before operation.
- Insert the small plug into the trimmer, then put the power plug in 120 volt AC outlet.
NOTE: an adapter plug is essential for cord usage in some foreign countries.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- The attachments of Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 are washable. But don’t rinse the handle because it is not waterproof.
- Don’t use the brushing pads or something abrasive cleaning stuff or invasive liquids like- gasoline or acetone to clean the attachments and guards.
- Don’t use cloth such as a towel or tissue to dry the trimmer because this may damage the trimmer’s teeth.
#After every use –
- 1st, turn off the trimmer, then remove any attachments from the appliance
- Remove the hairs that have accumulated in the hair chamber
- For thorough cleaning, you can use the supplied cleaning brush.
- After brushing, hold the attachments under running warm water.
- After the rinse, carefully shake off excess water and let them completely air dry
NOTE – the handle is not compatible with rinsing under the tap
Cleaning the Nose trimmer
Clean the nose trimmer immediately after each use and when so many hairs have accumulated on the trimmer head.
- Rinse the trimmer with hot water.
- Then turn on the appliance and rinse the trimmer to remove the staying hair. Now turn off the appliance.
- Put the trimming head in a bowl for a thorough clean sink, then turn on the appliance to remove the stubborn dirt.
- Hold the appliance upside down; ensure the handle does not get wet during this process.
- Consciously shake off excess water and let the attachment air dry thoroughly.
- Lightweight grooming kit.
- Dual-cut self-sharpening blades.
- Long-lasting battery life.
- Cordless/Corded trimmer.
- All the attachments and guards are made of great quality.
- There is no battery indicator to provide battery status.
- Cheap quality travel bag.
- There is no charging indicator.
I tried to provide all the information about the Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000.
It comes with 4 attachments and 13 guards for your body, face, and head hair.
It is a Multigrooming kit that can fulfill all your grooming needs.
There is no perfect product likewise, the Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 also has some disadvantages.
But practice makes as perfect. After the trial, if you don’t prefer its performance, you can return it within 45 days from the purchase day.
The Philips Norelco will back your full money.
For full benefits from all the services of this product, follow the user manual and immediately register after buying.