The ShaverZone is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, I may earn an affiliate commission.
The Philips Multigroom 5000 is a mid-range all-in-one grooming device for men. It’s an 18 pieces of a package for head-to-toe grooming that is extremely popular and one of the best selling trimming devices on the market. In this article, I’m sharing a detailed review of the Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 trimmer including its pros and cons.
If you are tired of reading the full article, this overview may give you an instant idea about the Philips Multigroom 5000 trimmer.
- The Philips Multigroom 5000 comes with 18 pieces of grooming instruments for full body grooming.
- It features Dual-cut self-sharpening blades that are 2x sharper than regular trimmer blades.
- The sharpness of the blades will remain up to 4 years.
- There is a powerful Lithium-ion rechargeable battery that provides 3 hours of cordless performance with a 1 hour charge.
- It is a cordless + corded trimmer that can be used while plugged in too.
- 100% washable with direct running water or sink.
- There are 13 trimming guards that are made with reinforced fiberglass material for protecting bending and buckling.
- It features a reinforced tempered steel motor for high-torque performance.
- There is a nose trimmer for nose and ear hair trimming; a detail trimmer for precision trimming; a extra-wide hair trimmer for hair trimming or long beard trimming; and a regular trimmer attachment for beard and stubble trimming.
What’s in the Box?
I found the following items after unboxing the Philips Multigroom 5000 trimmer package.
- Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 full-size trimmer
- One Extra-wide hair trimmer attachment
- Precision trimmer
- Nose/ear trimmer
- stubble guard (3/6in.) 1mm
- stubble guard (5/6in.) 2mm
- 1 beard guard (1/8in.) 3mm
- A beard guard 3/16in. (5mm)
- beard guard 9/32in. (7mm)
- AC adapter
- Hair guard 5/32in. (4mm)
- 1 Hair guard 3/8in. (9mm)
- 1 Hair guard 15/32in. (12mm)
- Hair guard 21/32in. (16mm)
- 2 Fading hair guard 5/32in. – 3/8in. (4mm – 9mm)
- Body-guard 1/8in. (3mm)
- Body-guard 3/1in. (5mm)
- Storage bag and
- A little cleaning brush
4 Years Warranty
Philips North America LLC warrants that the Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 will be repaired or replaced without charge within 4 years from purchase if the product has any workmanship fault or materials defect (without cutters and attachments).
#Important – this warranty does not cover if the product damages for lack of proper care, accident, abuse or misuse.
45 Days Money Back Guarantee
After buying this product, if you are not fully satisfied with the performance of the product, just return it within 45 days from purchase day.
Philips Norelco will provide your full money back.
But if you make any damage or return the product after 45 days, the guarantee will not cover.
The blades of Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 come with dual-cut technology and they are 2X sharper which can provide maximum precision trim.
Long Lasting Battery Life
The Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 is powered by a Lithium-ion battery which will provide the trimmer 3 hours of operating time per 1 hour of charge.
For additional convenience, we can use the trimmer corded.
Reinforced Trimming Guards
There are 13 reinforced trimming guards to prevent skin from bending and bucking.
Provide you an even trim each time.
All the attachments of Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 are 100% washable.
So, just hold the attachments and blades under the running water for easy cleaning.
Secured and Comfortable Rubber Grip
The trimmer handle is made with non-slip high-quality rubber grip to prevent sudden slip from your wet and slippy hand.
Stainless Steel Blades
The blades will create clean and straight lines. They are able to cut perfectly the thickest hair.
Philips engineered their Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 grooming kit with non-corrosive blades that won’t rust.
Steel Precision Trimmer
There is a precision trimmer with the Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 grooming kit package.
The steel precision trimmer is narrowly designed which will provide you to precisely edge and finish the small details.
Nose and Ear Trimmer
This trimmer is for removing the unwanted hair of nose and ear except nicks and cuts.
Extra-wide Hair Trimmer
The extra-wide design will help to capture more hair in every stroke for faster trimming.
This trimming head is specially designed for head hairs or long beards.
Built Quality and Using Method
Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 comes with 16 additional attachments for all your trimming needs.
The trimmer is very lightweight only – 12 ounces and the rubber grip handle will easily fit on your thumb.
The rubber grip is sticky, so it won’t slip from your hand.
The trimmer is not fully washable but the attachments are fully washable.
On the front side, you can see the ON/OFF button and the socket is located at the bottom of the trimmer.
Let’s know details about the attachments-
#Attachments for Beards
Use the Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 full-size trimmer without a guard to trim the beard, neck, and sideburns very closely to the skin.
- For closely trim to the skin, position the flat side of the cutting stuff against your skin and create strokes against the direction of the hair growth.
- For contouring, you have to hold the cutting stuff straight to the skin then move it upwards or downwards with light pressure.
#Beard Guards –
To trim your beard and mustache evenly, you have to attach a beard guard to the full – size trimmer.
There are 5 beard guards come with this package and the hair length settings are reported on the guards.
|Stubble Guard 1||3/64in||1mm|
|Stubble Guard 2||5/64in||2mm|
|Beard Guard 1||1/8in||3mm|
|Beard Guard 2||3/16in||5mm|
|Beard Guard 3||9/32in||7mm|
#Attachments for The Body
- There are green body-guards for the body hair.
- When you will trim your body hair for the 1st time, use the 5mm/3/16in.
- Apply it in the clean and dry hair because if you use it on wet hair, it tends to stick to the body when you will trim sensitive areas.
- Since all hairs don’t grow in the same direction, that’s why you have to try different trimming positions. It can be upwards/downwards/across.
- Always make a gentle movement and be certain the surface of the guard always remains contact with the skin.
- When too many hairs deposited on the appliance, blow the hairs out before use for the best trimming output.
#Body Guards –
There are 2 body guards come with this package. Attach the guard on the full-size trimmer for trimming below the neckline hairs. The hair length settings are reported on the guards.
|Body Guard 1||1/8in||3mm|
|Body Guard 2||3/16in||5mm|
#Attachments for Head Hair
These hair guards are extra wide.
- To create the hairline around the ears, comb your hair ends over the ears
- Tilt the appliance in such a way as if only the one edge of the cutter blades touch the hair ends when you shape the contours around your ears
- To contour the neck/sideburns nape, turn the appliance and create downwards strokes.
- Move the appliance gently following the natural hairline. These guards make the trimmer as an extra wide hair trimmer and evenly trim your hairs on the head.
#Hair Guards –
The Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 comes with 4 hair guards. Hair length settings are reported on the guards and the settings correspond to the staying hair length after trimming.
|Hair Guard 1||5/32in||4mm|
|Hair Guard 2||3/8in||9mm|
|Hair Guard 3||15/32in||12mm|
|Hair Guard 4||21/32in||16mm|
#Fading Hair Guard Attachments
Attach these guards to the extra-wide hair trimmer to trim the hair around the ears for a faded output.
The Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 comes with 2 fading guards. These 2 guards are for trimming the hair around of both ears.
Select a hair guard based on the preferred trimming direction (back to front/front to back).
Always you have to hold the side of the guard with the short teeth for closest to your ear.
|Fading Hair Guard||5/32in – 3/8in||4mm – 9mm|
- You have to attach the guard to the extra-wide hair trimmer
- Position the appliance on your hair at the back or forth of your ears, it will depend on the trimming direction you prefer. Always be certain that the side of the guard with the short teeth is closest to your ear.
- For obtaining the best result, move the trimming machine against the direction of hair growth (back and front).
#The Precision Attachments for The Face
The precision trimmer
This attachment is to create the fine lines and contours around your facial style (1/32inch/0.5mm).
- You have to hold the precision trimming head straight to the skin and move the trimming head upwards or downwards with light pressure.
This attachment is to trim your nose and ear hair.
- Be certain the nasal passages are clean.
- Be certain the outer channels are clean and free from wax
- Never insert the tip more than 3/16inch/5mm
- Always clean the attachment after every use
- While you will remove your unwanted hairs, lightly move the tip in and out of the nose and turn it around the hairs.
Trimming The Ear Hairs
- To remove the beyond rim hairs of the ear, you have to just gently move the tip round of your ear.
- Slowly operate the tip in and out and out of the outer ear channel to remove undesirable hairs.
Battery Life and Charging
Philips Norelco Mmultigroom 5000 is powered by a lithium-ion battery. The battery will provide 3 hours of cordless use by 1-hour of charge.
Quick charge – after 5 min of charge this battery will provide enough juice for one trim.
- when you will charge the trimmer, be certain the trimmer is turned OFF
- Charge the product at temperatures below 40-degree F (4/5 degree C) or higher than 95-degree F (35 degree C) adversely affects the battery lifespan.
- If the trimmer is subjected to a great change in temperature let the trimmer adapt for 30 minutes before operation.
- Insert the small plug into the trimmer then put the power plug in 120 volt AC outlet.
NOTE: an adapter plug is essential for cord usage in some foreign countries.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- The attachments of Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 are washable. But don’t rinse the handle because it is not waterproof.
- Don’t use the brushing pads or something abrasive cleaning stuff or invasive liquids like- gasoline or acetone to clean the attachments and guards.
- Don’t use cloth such as a towel or tissue to dry the trimmer, because this may damage the trimmer teeth.
#After every use –
- 1st turn off the trimmer, then remove any attachment from the appliance
- Remove the hairs that have accumulated in the hair chamber
- For thorough clean, you can use the supplied cleaning brush
- After brushing hold the attachments under running warm water
- After the rinse, carefully shake off excess water and let them completely air dry
NOTE – the handle is not compatible to rinse under the tap
Cleaning the Nose trimmer
Clean the nose trimmer immediately after each use and when so many hairs have accumulated on the trimmer head.
- Rinse the trimmer with hot water.
- Then turn on the appliance and rinse the trimmer once more to remove staying hair. Now turn off the appliance.
- For a thorough clean sink, the trimming head in a bowl then turn on the appliance to remove the stubborn dirt.
- Hold the appliance upside down; be certain during this process the handle does not get wet.
- Consciously shake off excess water and let the attachment air dry thoroughly.
- Lightweight grooming kit.
- Dual-cut self-sharpening blades.
- Long-lasting battery life.
- Cordless/Corded trimmer.
- All the attachments and guards made with great quality.
- There is no battery indicator to provide battery status.
- Cheap quality travel bag.
- There is no charging indicator.
I tried to provide all the information about the Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000.
It comes with 4 attachments and 13 guards for your body face and head hair.
It is a Multigrooming kit and I think it can fulfill all your grooming needs.
There is no perfect product likewise the Philips Norelco Multigroom 5000 also has some disadvantages.
But practice makes as perfect.
I don’t want to recommend you to buy this package if you wish you can just try it.
After the trial, if you don’t prefer its performance you can return it within 45 days from the purchase day.
The Philips Norelco will back your full money.
For full benefits from all the services of this product, follow the user manual and immediately register it after buying.