The ShaverZone is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, I may earn an affiliate commission.
Philips Norelco 7700 is a new generation electric shaver in the Philips Series 7000. The new Philips 7000 shaver model 7700 is the revamped version of the older Philips Norelco 7500. The Philips Norelco 7500 was a popular shaver for comfortable operation on sensitive skin and the new version of Philips shaver 7000 retains the technology with more facilities.
In this article, you are going to know about the new Philips Series 7000 shaver with pros and cons.
A Brief Overview
- The manufacturer used ComfortGlide rings in the Philips Norelco 7700 shaver to make the shaving process irritation-free even on sensitive skin.
- There are 45 rounded blades in the shaver that creates 90,000 cross cutting actions per minute for fast and efficient shaves.
- The dynamic 360° contour head adjusts all directions without any effort and it can follow every contour of the face and neck.
- This electric shaver is engineered with Aquatec technology which will allow you to have a dry shave or refreshing wet shave with shaving gel/foam.
- There is a built-in popup precision trimmer in the shaver. The precision trimmer will provide the perfect shape of your mustache and sideburn.
- The new model of Philips Series 7000 shaver comes with an advanced cleaning pod that cleans the shaver only within 1 minute.
- It comes with an advanced Li-ion battery that provides 60 minutes of cordless shaving performance.
- Charging time is 1 hour and there is a 5 minute quick charging option for an urgent shave.
What’s in the Box?
The manufacturer includes something more besides the main device in the Philips Norelco 7700 electric shaver package. After unboxing the package, I got the following items-
- Phillips Norelco 7700 electric shaver itself
- A deluxe travel case
- Cleaning pod
- A Cleaning cartridge
- Charging stand
- AC adapter
- Cleaning brush
- User manual
Features and Specifications
Rounded Shaving Blades
As you know, this is a rotary type shaver and as usual, it has 3 rounded heads with 45 skin protect blades.
The rounded shaver blades of Phillips 7700 are engineered with a special anti-friction.
These blades will easily glide over skin and provide you a more comfortable shave each time.
The interesting fact is, the blades are self-sharpening.
That means they will remain sharp losslessly until damages and you need very little maintenance over the blades.
Dynamic Flexible Head
The new Philips 7000 series shaver comes with 360° contour heads.
For that, this shaving head can move in maximum directions without any effort and it can easily follow every contour of the face and neck.
So, it can reach every area even hard-to-touch areas to provide a smooth cut and finishing.
The rounded heads of the Philips Norelco 7700 shaver have been surrounded with comfort glide rings.
The rings minimize the shaving pressure and protect the skin from the harshness of the super-sharp blades.
On the other hand, the new Philips s7000 shaver comes with extra gentle skin protect blades.
As a result, the shaving process with the shaver becomes very comfortable with the care of ComfortGlide rings and SkinProtect blades.
I found it’s pretty good on sensitive skins as well.
The Philips Norelco 7700 electric razor is 100% water-resistant.
For that, you can easily rinse the shaver and make easy manual cleaning.
You also can have shower shaves under the shower while bathing and no need to worry about water causing problems.
This Phillips s7000 electric shaver comes with aquatic technology which will allow you to use it wet and dry.
So, there is the opportunity to have the preferred shaving atmosphere.
I personally like the wet refreshing shaving with shaving gel and the shaver allows me to do this with charm.
I also have dry shaves when I feel hurry and need an urgent shave.
Smart and Easy Cleaning System
The Philips Norelco 7700 shaver comes with an advanced cleaning pod.
Just with a touch of a button, this Phillips electric shaver will clean automatically within 1 minute.
Besides cleaning, it also lubricates the shaver and makes it prepared for the next use.
You can also make dry cleaning with a cleaning brush easily and rinse the shaver under running water.
The Phillips Norelco 7700 electric shaver is designed with a travel lock function. With this feature, you can lock the shaver if you want to store it for a long time or go in a travel. It will prevent the shaver from accidentally turning ON.
#How to activate the travel lock?
- Press the NO/OFF button for 3 seconds to activate the travel lock.
- When the travel lock will be activated, the travel lock symbol will light up continuously.
- Now the travel lock has been activated.
#How to deactivate the travel lock?
- Press the ON/OFF button for 3 seconds.
- After that, the travel lock symbol will blink and light up continuously and the shaver will be prepared for use.
- This shaver will unlock automatically when you will charge it in the smart clean system or with the AC adapter.
The Philips Series 7000 shaver comes with a powerful rechargeable lithium-ion battery which delivers 60 minutes of continuous shave with 1 hour of full charge.
The manufacturer improved the battery where the older Philips Norelco 7500 provided 50 minutes of cordless performance.
I think the combination of charging and performance time is pretty good in the new shaver.
On the other hand, the battery provides a quick charging option that offers a full shave with 5 minutes of charge.
The shaver comes with an AC adapter to charge the shaver or connect the cleaning and charging dock.
The AC adapter can adapt to universal voltage (100v-240v).
A Sturdy Deluxe Store Case
The package comes with a sleek design premium case which will take less space in your travel bag.
And this case is built-in ventilation chamber that will keep this shaver always dry and germ-free.
This Phillips Norelco 7700 electric shaver comes with 2 years of warranty from the actual purchase date.
If your shaver damages for any accident, abuse/misuse, lack of reasonable care then this warranty service will not cover.
NOTE: This warranty will work only for the USA and Canada.
45 Days Money-back Guarantee
Phillips will provide you 45 days risk-free trial for their Philips Norelco 7500 shaver.
After a trial, if the shaving performance cannot achieve your satisfaction, you can return this shaver within 45 days and Norelco will provide your full money-back.
NOTE: To get all the service, register your shaver immediately after buying and keep all the papers very carefully.
The LED Display
Phillips Norelco series 7000 electric shavers come with a multi-purpose LED display.
The model 7700 razor also has that. All the purposes of the display are like below.
#Low battery status
When the shaver needs to charge the battery and the battery is almost empty, the indicator light will blink orange and you will hear a beep.
When you will connect the shaver with electrical outlet, the battery indicator will flash continuously.
After 30 minutes of charge, the indicator light will stop flashing.
When you will connect the shaver with electrical outlet, after 5 minutes of charge the battery will provide the shaver enough juice for 1 shave.
I found it is very useful for urgent shaves when you do not have enough time to make a full charge.
There is a plug indicator on the LED display. When you will connect the shaver with the electrical outlet, the plug will be active.
#The replacement shaving head indicator
This indicator will remind you when you will have to replace the shaving head.
The manufacturer recommended that, after every 12 months of use, you should replace the shaving head. But I think it depends on your shaving habit.
When the shaver needs a new shaver head replacement, the shaving head indicator will blink continuously.
To get an optimal shaving performance, replace the shaver head time to time.
#The cleaning reminder indicator
This indicator will blink after every use to clean the shaver head and blades. To get an optimal shaving performance, you have to clean the shaver after every use.
#Travel lock indicator
There is a travel lock indicator on the LED display too. It will show the status of if the shaver is locked or not.
How to Shave?
Since this Phillips Norelco electric shaver is engineered for wet and dry use, for that you can use it for a quick dry shave or a refreshing wet shave.
To get the best skin comfort, pre-trim your beard if it has not shaved longer than 3 days/only 3 days.
- Press the ON/OFF button once to turn on the shaver. Now move the shaver against the beard growth to get the best shaving performance.
- You have to gently press the shaver against your skin so that the shaver head can easily follow the contour of your face.
- Don’t press the shaver too hard because too much pressure can pinch your skin.
- After completing the shave, turn off the shaver and clean it after every use.
You can also do a refreshing wet shave by using shaving gel/foam.
- 1st wet your beard with water and then use shaving gel/foam on it.
- Now, rinse the shaver head as it can easily glide on the skin.
- Press the NO/OFF button to switch on the shaver.
- Move the shaver against the beard growth in circular movements.
- After the shave, place the shaver on the smart clean system to clean and protect the shaver head.
NOTE: Before wet shave, must rinse the shaver head because it will help the shaver continuously glide over the skin.
Some Shaving Tips
- Your skin and beard will take 21 days to adjust with a new shaving system. So, to enjoy the closeness of this shaver, you have to use a new shaver for 21 days first time.
- When you will use this Phillips Norelco electric shaver for 1st time, you may not get as a close shave as you desire, even you can feel slight irritation during shave. And it will be normal when you invest 3 weeks on your skin and beard.
- If you change the shaving methods during the adjustment period, it will may more hard to adapt to the Phillips Norelco shaving method.
- If you are not fully satisfied after 21 days of use, Phillips Norelco will back your full money as long as the request is received within 45 days after buy.
- Great for sensitive skin
- Very fast in performance and provides pretty close shave
- 100% Water resistant
- Wet/dry shaver
- Smart cleaning pod
- Powerful precision trimmer
- Solid travel case
- Multi-purpose LED display
- Travel Lock
- The angled heads feel awkward at the first time
I did not find any major issue to blame the Philips Norelco 7500 shaver. Even I found this is better for comfort than Philip’s top listed premium shaver Norelco 9000.
Since there is a free trial option for 45 days, you can make a try and return the shaver within 45 days if it can not satisfy your demand.
I personally found The Philips Norelco 7500 electric shaver is good enough and budget worthy.
So, I can recommend you to choose the Philips Norelco 7500 if you are looking to buy a new electric razor with full of features.