This site is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, I may earn an affiliate commission.
Philips Norelco 7800 is a new generation electric shaver in the Philips Series 7000. The Philips Norelco 7700 electric shaver took over the older version of a Series 7000 shaver (Philips Norelco 7500). And after some days, the manufacturer released a newer version of the Philips Norelco 7700 (Philips Norelco 7800) with a bit upgrade. The Philips Norelco 7500 was a popular shaver for comfortable operation on sensitive skin, and the new versions of the Philips Shaver 7000 retain the technology with more facilities.
In this article, you will learn about the new versions of the Philips Series 7000 shavers with pros and cons.
- The manufacturer used ComfortGlide rings in the Philips Norelco 7800 shaver to make the shaving process irritation-free, even on sensitive skin.
- There are 45 rounded blades in the shaver that creates 90,000 cross-cutting actions per minute for fast and efficient shaves.
- The dynamic 360° contour head adjusts all directions without effort and can follow every contour of the face and neck.
- This electric shaver is engineered with Aquatec technology, allowing you to have a dry shave or a refreshing wet shave with shaving gel/foam.
- There is a built-in popup precision trimmer in the shaver. The precision trimmer will provide the perfect shape for your mustache and sideburn.
- The new model of the Philips Series 7000 shaver comes with an advanced cleaning pod that cleans the shaver in only 1 minute.
- It has an advanced Li-ion battery that provides 60 minutes of cordless shaving performance.
- Charging time is 1 hour, and there is a 5-minute quick charging option for an urgent shave when the battery is empty.
What’s in the Box?
The manufacturer includes something more besides the main device in the Philips Norelco 7700 electric shaver package. After unboxing the package, I got the following items-
- Phillips Norelco 7700 electric shaver itself
- A deluxe travel case
- Cleaning pod
- A Cleaning cartridge
- Charging stand
- AC adapter
- Cleaning brush
- User manual
Features and Specifications Analysis
Rounded Shaving Blades
As you know, this is a rotary-type shaver, and as usual, it has 3 rounded heads with 45 skin protect blades.
The rounded shaver blades of Phillips 7700 are engineered with a special anti-friction.
These blades will easily glide over the skin, providing a more comfortable shave each time.
The interesting fact is the blades are self-sharpening.
That means they will remain sharp losslessly until get damaged and you need very little maintenance over the blades.
Dynamic Flexible Head
The new Philips 7000 series shaver comes with 360° contour heads.
For that, this shaving head can move in maximum directions without any effort, and it can easily follow every contour of the face and neck.
So, it can reach every area, even hard-to-touch areas, to provide a smooth cut and finishing.
The rounded heads of the Philips Norelco 7700 shaver have been surrounded by comfort glide rings.
The rings minimize the shaving pressure and protect the skin from the harshness of the super-sharp blades.
On the other hand, the new Philips s7000 shaver comes with extra gentle skin protection blades.
As a result, the shaving process with the shaver becomes very comfortable with the care of ComfortGlide rings and SkinProtect blades.
I found it’s pretty good on sensitive skin as well.
The Philips Norelco 7700 electric razor is 100% water-resistant.
For that, you can easily rinse the shaver and do easy manual cleaning.
You also can have shower shaves under the shower while bathing, and no need to worry about water causing problems.
This Phillips s7000 electric shaver comes with aquatic technology which will allow you to use it wet and dry.
So, there is the opportunity to have the preferred shaving atmosphere.
I personally like the refreshing wet shaving with shaving gel, and the shaver allows me to do this with charm.
I also have dry shaves when I feel a hurry and need an urgent shave.
Smart and Easy Cleaning System
The Philips Norelco 7700 shaver comes with an advanced cleaning pod.
Just with a touch of a button, this Phillips electric shaver will clean automatically within 1 minute.
Besides cleaning, it also lubricates the shaver and prepares it for the next use.
You can also do dry cleaning with a brush and rinse the shaver under running water.
The Phillips Norelco 7700 electric shaver is designed with a travel lock function. With this feature, you can lock the shaver if you want to store it for a long time or go on a travel. It will prevent the shaver from accidentally turning ON.
#How to activate the travel lock?
- Press the NO/OFF button for 3 seconds to activate the travel lock.
- When the travel lock is activated, the travel lock symbol will light up continuously.
- Now the travel lock has been activated.
#How to deactivate the travel lock?
- Press the ON/OFF button for 3 seconds.
- After that, the travel lock symbol will blink and light up continuously, and the shaver will be prepared for use.
- This shaver will unlock automatically when you charge it in the smart, clean system or with the AC adapter.
The Philips Series 7000 shaver comes with a powerful rechargeable lithium-ion battery which delivers 60 minutes of continuous shave with 1 hour of full charge.
The manufacturer improved the battery, whereas the older Philips Norelco 7500 provided 50 minutes of cordless performance.
I think the combination of charging and performance time is pretty good in the new shaver.
On the other hand, the battery provides a quick charging option that offers a full shave with 5 minutes of charge.
The shaver comes with an AC adapter to charge the shaver or connect the cleaning and charging dock.
The AC adapter can adapt to universal voltage (100v-240v).
A Sturdy Deluxe Store Case
The package comes with a sleek design premium case which will take up less space in your travel bag.
And this case is a built-in ventilation chamber that will keep this shaver always dry and germ-free.
The LED Display
Phillips Norelco series 7000 electric shavers come with a multi-purpose LED display.
The model 7700 razor also has that. All the purposes of the display are as below.
#Low battery status
When the shaver needs to charge the battery and the battery is almost empty, the indicator light will blink orange, and you will hear a beep.
The battery indicator will flash continuously when you connect the shaver to an electrical outlet.
After 30 minutes of charge, the indicator light will stop flashing.
When you connect the shaver to an electrical outlet, after 5 minutes of charge, the battery will provide enough juice for 1 shave.
I found it very useful for urgent shaves when you do not have enough time to charge fully.
There is a plug indicator on the LED display. The plug will be active when you connect the shaver to the electrical outlet.
#The replacement shaving head indicator
This indicator will remind you when you must replace the shaving head.
The manufacturer recommended that you replace the shaving head after every 12 months of use. But I think it depends on your shaving habit.
When the shaver needs a new shaver head replacement, the shaving head indicator will blink continuously.
To get optimal shaving performance, replace the shaver head occasionally.
#The cleaning reminder indicator
This indicator will blink after every use to clean the shaver head and blades. You have to clean the shaver after every use to get optimal shaving performance.
#Travel lock indicator
There is a travel lock indicator on the LED display too. It will show the status of if the shaver is locked or not.
How to Shave?
Since this Phillips Norelco electric shaver is engineered for wet and dry use, you can use it for a quick or refreshing wet shave.
To get the best skin comfort, pre-trim your beard if it has not been shaved longer than 3 days/only 3 days.
- Press the ON/OFF button once to turn on the shaver. Now move the shaver against the beard growth to get the best shaving performance.
- You have to gently press the shaver against your skin so that the shaver head can easily follow the contour of your face.
- Don’t press the shaver too hard because too much pressure can pinch your skin.
- After completing the shave, turn it off and clean it after every use.
You can also do a refreshing wet shave using shaving gel/foam.
- 1st, wet your beard with water and then use shaving gel/foam.
- Now, rinse the shaver head as it can easily glide on the skin.
- Press the NO/OFF button to switch on the shaver.
- Move the shaver against the beard growth in circular movements.
- After the shave, place the shaver on the smart clean system to clean and protect the shaver head.
NOTE: Before wet shaving, rinse the shaver head to help the shaver continuously glide over the skin.
Some Shaving Tips
- Your skin and beard will take 21 days to adjust to a new shaving system. So, to enjoy this shaver’s closeness, you must first use a new shaver for 21 days.
- When you use this Phillips Norelco electric shaver for 1st time, you may not get as close a shave as you desire, even if you can feel slight irritation during the shave. And it will be normal when you invest 3 weeks on your skin and beard.
- Changing the shaving methods during the adjustment period may be harder to adapt to the Phillips Norelco shaving method.
- If you are not fully satisfied after 21 days of use, Phillips Norelco will back your full money as long as the request is received within 45 days after buying.
- Great for sensitive skin
- Very fast in performance and provides pretty close shave
- 100% Water resistant
- Wet/dry shaver
- Smart cleaning pod
- Powerful precision trimmer
- Solid travel case
- Multi-purpose LED display
- Travel Lock
- The angled heads feel awkward at the first time
I found no major issue to blame on the Philips Norelco 7500 shaver. Even I found this is better for comfort than Philip’s top-listed premium shaver, Norelco 9000.
Since there is a free trial option for 45 days, you can try to return the shaver within 45 days if it can not satisfy your demand.
I found The Philips Norelco 7500 electric shaver good enough and budget worthy.
So, I recommend choosing the Philips Norelco 7500 if you want to buy a new electric razor with full of features.