If you are not happy with your old shaver or you did not use an Electric shaver before and want to buy an electric shaver.
But don’t want to spend a lot of money, the Phillips Norelco 2100 Electric shaver may take your attention.
The Phillips Norelco is an old and trusted brand. It has been making shavers since 1939.
Phillips seems to be the synonym of Electric Shavers. So you won’t be frustrated buying most of their products.
It is just a shaver with a pop-up trimmer and there is no fancy setting in it.
What is in the Box???
After opening the intake box, you will find-
- Philips Norelco 2100 shaver itself
- Power cord
- Cleaning brush
- Protective cap
- User manual
Philips Norelco 2100 in Brief
- The blades are self-sharpening and these will give you a close dry shave
- The heads move 4 directions and easily follow every curve of your face and neck
- For rinse clean under the tap after one touch open
- Powered by Lithium-ion battery
- This shaver is for cordless use
- Fully washable
- 35 min run time per 8-hour charge
- 2 years warranty
The blades are self-sharpening and engineered it to give a dependable close shave in each operation.
The self-sharpen blades stay sharp without any maintenance and give you a close and fast shave.
4 Direction Flex-head
The blades move in 4 directions and automatically follow every contour of your face and neck.
These blades will give you a smooth shave in all area even on the jawline.
There are 2 AA lithium-ion rechargeable batteries included with Phillips Norelco 2100 electric razor.
The batteries are powerful and long-lasting.
One-Touch Open System
You need to simply pop the heads for open, and then rinse fully under the tap.
There is a pop-up trimmer with the Phillips Norelco 2100 electric shaver.
To trim your mustache, sideburns and complete your shaving look, use the pop-up trimmer.
The Phillips Norelco 2100 comes with 2 AA batteries. The battery is made with Lithium-ion.
The battery will give you 35 mins operating time by 8 hours of charge! The operating time is really very little.
Other shavers may give you a longer time than it.
But you have to look at the price range. You can keep the charger overnight and in the morning the shaver will be ready for use.
There is an LED display on the shaver body.
It will give you the notification about the battery condition when the batteries are full, empty and low.
So, when you will shave, the LED display will show you how much the runtime remains.
Built Quality and Shaving Performance
The Phillips Norelco electric shaver 2100 is simply designed; there is no fancy setting in it.
Phillips Norelco 2100 is mostly black and in the side of the LED display, a blue band around.
The shaver body is rounded and curved that makes it easy to hold and grip.
The shaver is only for dry and cordless use.
If you want a bit extra shaving help, in this situation you can use the Williams Electric shave.
But don’t use it wet in the shower, sink or any kinds of shaving gel, cream or soap.
But after the shave, you can use shaving lotion on your skin.
You won’t feel any kinds of irritation after shaving by this shaver.
The shaver is made for worldwide volt (100volt-240volt). So you can use this shaver from any country.
The battery will give you 35 min run time per 8 hours charge.
So it will be better to bring the power cord with you while going for travel.
The shaver blades are rotary, self-sharpening and give you a close cut, it can cut 25% more hair each pass than other Electric shaver’s brand in this price range.
The ‘’Flex and Float’’ system of Phillips Norelco 2100 makes it able to follow every contour of the face.
In one pass it can capture more hair so you don’t need an extra pass.
In the front of the shaver you will see, there is an ON/OFF button and the green charge light.
The pop-up trimmer is established on the top back.
The trimmer will help you to trim your beard, stubble. But for thick hair, it won’t be good.
- The shaver gives me pretty close shave. The self-sharpening blades are skin friendly.
- The battery charge operates me for a long time. I use this shaver one after every day and I don’t need to charge it at least within 6 days
- My wife also uses this shaver
- Cleaning is very easy.
- It does not make so much noise at the running time
- You cannot use the shaver corded.
- It is just shaver with a pop-up trimmer. Otherwise, there is no function in it
- It takes multiple passes in some areas where the hair is thick
- The protective cap is worthless.
- My skin is sensitive, so during the shave, I feel some irritations and razor burn
- This shaver is only for dry use, but most of the shaver in this price range comes with wet/dry using feature.
There is no cleaning station with this package.
Only you will get a little cleaning brush with it.
Since there is no cleaning station with it so you have to clean it manually.
Manually cleaning is very easy.
This shaver is only for dry use, so you cannot use shaving gel, cream, soap.
So you don’t need to clean it thoroughly part by part.
This shaver comes with one touch open system.
Simply pop the head and brush this area out and in, then rinse it under the tap.
You don’t need to clean the unused stuff.
Most of the customers are happy with Phillips Norelco 2100.
But some customers are not.
Let’s know their complements and objections
- The shaver is female perspective
- The shaver is very nice budget
- Cleaning is very easy
- The shave is not close
- The self-sharpening blades become dull in a very short time
- It is very hard to shave the coarse area
- The shaving speed is very slow
The manufacturer recommended that you have to replace the batteries once a year.
But I think replacement does not depend on time, it depends on shaving habits. How often you use it.
When the batteries do not work like before, you need to replace the blades at that time. It can be before or after than 12 months.
Phillips Norelco 2100 VS 3600 VS 4500 VS 5550 Electric Shaver
Here I will give you some information about Philips 3600 and 4500 in short. What are the additional features that come with Phillips 3600 and Phillips 4500?
All the feature of Phillips 3600 and Phillips 2100 are almost the same.
The Phillips 3600 is also convenient and easy to use like 2100.
The blades are close cutting and self-sharpening, moves in 4 directions.
The replacement blades are also the same (SH30/51).
The additional features are – this shaver is 100% waterproof and you can use this shaver wet and dry.
The Lithium-ion battery will give you 50 min run time by 1-hour charge.
The big differences between Phillips 2100 and 3600 of charging time and operating time.
Phillips 3600 and Philips 4500 are almost the same.
The Phillips 4500 is also convenient and easy to use.
You can also use it wet and dry. The blades move in 4 directions. There is a pop-up trimmer in this shaver.
The Lithium-ion rechargeable battery will provide you 50 run times by 1 hour of charge.
The additional feature- the blades are Duel precision system. The replacement blades are (SH50/52).
There are lots of differences in Phillips 5550 from other series.
- It comes with turbo powered shave- 100% more power
- The blades are multi-precision system
- The blades move in 5 directions
- There is a smart click precision trimmer
- 100% washable
- Wet and dry use
- 45 min run times by 1 hour of charge.
If you want a shaver only for shave and trim in a low price range, I will recommend you for Phillips Norelco 2100.
But if you have sensitive skin and thick beard, you can look for another. The Phillips 2100 is only made for your basic need.
My skin is sensitive, so I have to face a little problem but I am happy with its shaving performance.
After every shave, I apply lotion in my face, then everything becomes alright.
If you want more settings, you should be a better look for Phillips another series (what I described before) or from another brand.
Alternative Shavers in its Price Range
About this product:
- The Phisco Electric Shaver is for wet/dry use
- 100% waterproof
- The battery is made with Lithium-Ion
- The charging time is 1 hour and operating time 120 minutes (about 30 shavings)
- Comes with high-speed motor- up to 2800RPM
- 2 min quick charge option- enough for 1 shave
- It is also a beard trimmer
- The blades are self-sharpening and it is 3D rotary system shaver
- Smart travel lock system- press the power button for 3 sec, it will be travel lock mode that will save your shaver from false option
- 5 years warranty
- Worldwide voltage – 100- 240 volt
- Customer’s rating is 4.4
About This Product:
- This ROZIA Professional Electric Razor comes with 8 multifunctional system
- 100% waterproof and made for wet and dry use
- LED display
- Charging time is (60-90min)
- Running time is 60 min
- Worldwide volt ( 100volt-240volt)
- Customer’s rating is 4.5 stars out of 5 stars
- Includes accessories- 1 electric shaver, 1 nose trimmer, 1 hair trimmer, 1 hair trimmer comb, bag, cleaning brush, charger, user’s manual
- Shaver’s weight- 1.01 pound
About This Product:
- The Max-T Electric Shaver 7109 3D rotary shaver comes with a pop-up trimmer
- 100% waterproof- made for wet and dry use
- The battery is made with Lithium-ion
- By 1 hour of fully charge you will get 120min shaving times
- The motor is high speedy but makes a low noise
- The blades move in 4 directions and can easily follow every contour of your face
- 5 years warranty
- Customers rating is 4.3 stars out of 5
- Easy to clean
Q & A about Philips Norelco 2100
Q: Is it usable for women???
Q: Is the shaver worldwide volt???
ANS: Yes, it is 100volt-240 volt.
Q: Can you use it corded???
ANS: No, It does not work with plugged in. Even if the shaver is fully charged but plugged in, that time it won’t work.
Q: Does the shaver work for head hair???
ANS: It is capable of shaving your head hair but the result won’t be satisfactory.
Q: How often you have to replace the blades???
ANS: The manufacturer recommends that once a year
Q: Can you use shaving jell/cream???
ANS: No, and you don’t have to use shaving jell/cream.