The ShaverZone is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, I may earn an affiliate commission.
Want a trimmer that will get the job done, but won’t break the bank? Today, my review is about the Philips Norelco multigroom 3000 MG3750/50. If this product brings the quality you deserve at its bargain price. Stick around! The Philips Norelco multigroom 3000 All-in-one trimmer is described by Phillips as their toughest multipurpose trimmer. The manufacturer used boasting tempered steel cutting blades that are self-sharpened.
We never deserve a worse quality product by the grooming giant brand Philips Norelco. Does the Philips Norelco Multigroom 3000 keep the reputation of the brand? Can it full fill all things they claim at such an inexpensive budget?
- Phillips Norelco Multigroom 3000 comes with 13 pieces for all of your grooming needs.
- The blades are made with dual cut technology, which are 2x more self-sharpening. And this sharpness will remain after 2 years of use.
- Cleaning is so easy. The machine is not washable but all the attachments are 100% washable.
- Since the blades are self-sharpening, you don’t need to oil the blades.
- Powered by lithium-ion battery. This battery will provide 60 minutes of operating time per 8 hours of charge.
- The charger is for universal use, it can adapt 100volt-240volt.
Phillips North America Corporation provides 2 years of warranty (only handle) for their every product.
Within 2 years if your product damages for internal fault, the Phillips Norelco will repair or replace your product without any charge.
This warranty does not cover if your machine damages for lack of reasonable care, misuse/abuse, and accidents.
45 Days Money Back Guarantee
After buying, if you are not fully satisfied with this product you can return it, the Norelco will provide your full money back.
But you have to back it within 45 days. This service does not cover if you return it after 45 days.
When you will return it, you have to pay the money receipt also.
The trimmer handle itself is 32mm.
The full metal trimmer attachment which is your primary cutting element provides you a close trim to the skin.
Blades are self-sharpening, so the users don’t need to oil the blades.
And this sharpness will remain after 2 years of use.
These tempered steel blades of Philips Norelco multigroom 3000 will never break or rust.
The precision trimmer attachment utilizes minuscule quarter inch cutting surface and creating detailed lines.
The Philips MG3750 comes with 3 hair guards (lengths – 9mm, 12mm and 16mm).
Now although these are labeled as hair guards, these can easily be substituted for those wanting to trim their beards as longer lengths.
The 3 beard guards come in lengths of – 3mm, 5mm, and 7mm along with a 1mm stubble guard.
The trimmer itself is very lightweight. It will easily fit on your hand. The machine dimensions are – 9.2 x 6.5 x 2.2 inches.
The socket for the small plug is situated in the bottom of the handle.
This machine is only for cordless use.
The handle is not washable but all the attachments of it are fully washable.
They are water resistant, so don’t worry about the water causing problems.
Note – the stubble guard looks ‘’light gray’’
The beard guards look ‘’dark gray’’
And the hair guards look ‘’black’’
Nose and Ear Trimmer
This attachment is for removing the unwanted hair of nose and ear.
- Before trim, be certain that the nasal passages are clean and your outer ear channel is free from wax.
- Never insert the tip more than 0.5cm/3/ 16inch. Otherwise, it can be the causes of accident.
- Always clean the attachment after every use for hygienic reasons.
#Trimming the nose hair
- Just mildly move the tip in and out of the nose to remove the unwanted hair.
#Trimming the ear hair
- It is the same as removing the nose hair. Slowly move the tip in and outer channel of the ear.
The Precision Trimmer of Philips MG3750
To create fine lines use the trimmer without the guard.
It will provide you a close work to the skin (0.5mm/1/32inch).
- Hold the trimmer straight, and then move it upward and downward with gentle pressure.
Phillips Norelco Multigroom 3000 is powered by lithium-ion battery.
This battery will provide the machine 60 minutes of running juice per 8 hours of charge.
The charging time is really so long!
And it may be a big issue for you while comparing with the Philips Norelco Multigroom 7000‘s battery life.
But the price range of Philips Norelco Multigroom 3000 makes us surrendered.
There is also a quick charge option.
After 5 minutes of charge, the battery will provide enough juice of 1 trim.
There is no battery indicator that will show you the battery percentage or empty battery status.
Since, there is no LED battery indicator, that I had to set alarm during charge. But I think it is not a big deal.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Only the attachments are fully washable.
Important: don’t use something like scouring pads, aggressive cleaning stuff to clean the attachments.
- Be certain the machine is switched off when you will go to remove the attachment from the handle.
- Wipe the handle with dry cloth or tissue.
- Blow out the accumulated hair from the hair chamber.
- Now blow out the accumulated hair from attachments or guards.
- Now hold the attachments or guards under hot running water.
- Finally, shake off excess water from the attachments/guards carefully; let all the parts air dry.
- Since the blades are self-sharpening and the manufacturer did not recommend to oil the blades, so you don’t need to do this.
What’s in the Box?
After unpacking the interesting Philips Norelco Multigroom 3000 package, you will be surprised to see lots of attachments.
I got the following items after unboxing the package-
- A full-size steel trimmer
- 1 nose and ear trimmer
- 1 precision trimmer
- Beard guard for – 7mm/9/32inch.
- 1 Beard guard for – 5mm/3/16inch.
- Beard guard for – 3mm/1/8inch.
- Stubble guard for – 1mm/3/6inch.
- Hair guard for – 9mm/3/8inch.
- 1 Hair guard for – 12mm/15/32 inch.
- Hair guard for – 16mm/21/32 inch.
- 1 travel pouch
- A small plug and
- 1 power plug
It’s really a big deal finding too many things in an electrical grooming product package although very cheap in price.
What the Attachments For?
#Full-size Steel Trimmer
The full-size trimmer head is actually the beard trimmer and hair trimmer.
This trimming head is used to trim the beards and head hairs in different length and shape with or without the beard and hair guide combs.
#Steel Precision Trimmer
To finish small details and precisely edge, the precision trimmer will help you to make your work easy and fast. It is also used in shaping the sideburns, mustache and eyebrows.
#Nose and Ear Trimmer
This trimmer head is for removing your unwanted hairs from the nose and ear without nicks and cuts.
#3 Guards for Hair
There are 3 hair guards for cutting hairs in different lengths.
#3 Guards for Beard
There are 3 reinforced beard guards that will provide you a comfortable trim of your beard each time.
- The Norelco Multi-groom comes with lots of attachments.
- The motor is very powerful but it does not make noise.
- The rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
- Portable and affordable.
- The trimmer feels sturdy in hand.
- There is no LED indicator.
- Cleaning is a little bit tough.
- Charging time is really very long.
- The handle is not waterproof. So we have to be more careful during cleaning.
- Use the machine only dry condition and never use it under the shower.
- Unplug and switch off the machine before cleaning.
- Never place the machine where it can fall into a tab/sink.
- The batteries which are used in this machine, it may occur a fire or chemical burn setback if mistreated. Don’t dismount, heat above 100 degrees C/212 degree F.
- When you will use this machine by/on/or children or invalids, close supervision is necessary.
- Never plug the machine if the power cord is damaged or if it does not work rightly.
- Keep the machine and all its attachments from the heated surface and moisture-free area.
- Always check the blades, cutters before operate.
- Never wrap the small cord around the machine.
- Only use the power plug supplied which comes with this package.
- This machine is only for human hair. Don’t use it for any other motive.
I have to say that the Multigroom 3000 is a quality trimmer and at a price point, it is well worth.
That said, there are a few notable drawbacks to keep in mind.
As mentioned earlier, the lack of the foil, the shaver attachments will limit your ability to have a smooth shave, but this should be made up for the savings in your pocket.
If you are happy with the stubble finish, you are good to go.
And they both use a beard attachment comb that can be adjusted on the device multigroom 3000.
There are not many length options, as far as switching in and out of the guards, there is no issue.
Here as the snap and click attachments made it quick and easy to move one to the next.
I would have preferred to have more grooming lengths similar to other Multi-groom devices the sizes available were close enough.
Where I saw the Philips Norelco Multigroom 3000’s advantage on the precision trimmer, this is the smallest profile I have come across the quarter inch frame fit into tight spaces with ease.
Overall, I am impressed with the result of this trimmer.
It is affordable, its quality made and it gets the job done.