We need a travel shaver when don’t want to carry some extra load and also want a freaky small device. Currently, the Panasonic ES3831K is one of the most popular travel shavers on the market and many customers have different feedback about this product. It cannot give you so much close shave like the premium shavers but it is a bearable and inexpensive compact shaver for an instant solution.
- The Panasonic ES3831K is a single foil shaver that features an ultra-thin stainless steel foil head that can swivel up and down smoothly.
- There is a 78° precision honed stainless steel inner blade for fast and flawless shaves.
- Although an inexpensive shaver, it offers wet/dry shaving facilities to have refreshing wet shaves and urgent dry shaves without any hassle.
- Panasonic used an 8,500rpm motor for powerful shaving processes.
- It has a compact, lightweight ergonomic that is very suitable to carry in a regular pocket.
- The shaver is washable that offers easy cleaning with direct running water (i. e. not waterproof to submerge).
- It runs with 2 AA batteries that are widely available here and there.
I got the following items after unboxing the package.
- The Panasonic ES3831k travel shaver
- 2 AA batteries
- A protective cap
- One small cleaning brush
- User’s guide and several booklets
The Japanese art of crafting is extremely sharp and stable blade.
The Panasonic ES3831K travel shaver is made with state-of-the-art blade technology.
The outcome is the precision blades of remarkable power and performance.
Precision Single Blade System:
The Panasonic ES3831K travel shaver comes with a floating single blade system.
This stainless steel blade is founded at an optimum 78-degree angle and hold on under a floating head with an extreme-thin super-soft stainless steel foil.
The motor speed is 8500 RPM, the blades can slip and follow automatically to the isolate contour of your face as well the foil for a closer, gratify shaving experience.
Pleasant and Ergonomic Design:
The shaver weight is 5.4 ounces, so this shaver will be easily fit in your hand.
The sure-touch system of Panasonic ES3831K you can control as you shave even when you will shave under the shower.
Washable, Easy Cleaning:
This shaver is totally washable in water and easy to clean and maintain.
For a quick and hygienic cleaning, just hold the shaver head under the running warm water for a rinse.
You can clean foil and blades in the same way.
You will get a cleaning brush for easy clean, evacuate freaky hair fragment and soap, foam and gel surplus.
This shaver is very lightweight than other similar shavers and you will need to buy the identical travel pouch with the shaver.
The travel shaver and travel pouch fit easily into the daypack, gym bags, luggage, and grooming kits.
So, this shaver is very suitable for traveling and it makes easier shave while traveling.
For Wet/Dry Use:
You can do a wet shave or a dry shave by the Panasonic ES3831K.
When you will do a wet shave you can also use shaving gel, foam, soap even you can do under the shower, which may suit you best.
The Panasonic ES3831K shaver is operated by two regular AA batteries.
For this review I had to use the Panasonic ES3831K for almost 20 days, I did not deplete the two batteries, so I want to say that a single pair battery will be last longer.
Unfortunately, you won’t know when the battery juice will be run out because there is no low battery LED notification.
The battery cover is adjoined with a spinning latch, seamlessly compacted into it.
To unlock the cover you must have to twist it 90 degrees clockwise, now just pull to remove it.
When you insert the new batteries you must have to rejoin the battery cover then twist the cap 90 degrees clockwise to lock and everything will be set.
Built Quality of Panasonic ES3831K
The Panasonic ES3831K travel shaver’s weight is very light but it doesn’t look lightweight when you will see from images.
Braun M90 is another popular travel shaver if you compare the Panasonic ES3831K with Braun M90; the Panasonic is slightly smaller in length and thicker than Braun M90.
The Panasonic ES3831K passes the portability test, this shaver will be able to fit inside any luggage.
I have been fascinated with the build quality of Panasonic shavers even the entry-level once.
This shaver is made of high-quality plastic and it feels solid.
There are no uneven hole or cracking sounds when you will steadily hold in the hand.
Basically, the front on the shaver is characteristic the ON/OFF slider. There is no switch or button, when you will switch the shaver on/off the whole glossy fascia slides forward.
So how is its shaving performance???
I have used this shaver for almost 1 month as my main shaver.
Generally, I tested a shaver 1.5/2 month, since it is a travel shaver so I decided that it will move and will exactly replicate how most men will be using this shaver.
Shaving with the Panasonic ES3831K has not only good parts but also bad parts.
Let’s know what are the advantages and disadvantages.
- 1st of all I want to say, it is one of the most strong travel shavers which I have tried so far. The 8500 CPM motor of Panasonic ES3831K is surely got more cutting power if you compare it with other popular battery operated compact shavers. You can feel and head the cutting sound.
- I was able to finish my shaves faster than my expected time period.
- After my extended use, the foil stays perfectly cool.
- The shaving comfort is actually good with no mentionable discomfort apart from some episodic pinching.
- On my short stubble, the Panasonic managed to shave very humbly. The closeness of this shaver is not like a full-fledged shaver, but it is still satisfactory. Closeness cannot be a strong point for a travel shaver.
- Where many travel shavers failed, the Panasonic ES3831K did quite good. It is unexpected fast and the shave is quite comfortable.
- The Panasonic ES3831K is best for the short facial hair for daily use. If your beard growth is slow and the hairs remain to stand straight then you should get away with shaving less often and still get a humble output.
- When you shave longer hair and lay flat hair like neck hair you will have to face a bit of problem. When I tried to shave every other day I had to face major problems with the hairs that were laying down on my neck, it does not matter how much time it takes, then I tried going over those parts.
- Aftershave I had to face many skin problems like razor burn, pimple, and redness especially on my neck area and on the upper lip. There was some mortifying along with the rash that in the end dissolved after 2 hours. As my skin is sensitive, that I had to face these skin problems. If your skin is not sensitive you may or may not experience this.
- Now, about the closeness? I feel good on my cheeks, but in my thick hair areas like, on the neck, above my upper lip, it could be better.
- Once, the Panasonic ES3831K is enough for a travel shaver, but if you compare it with the Panasonic Arc3 it is not so good.
- If the closeness is a matter to you, I think you should better to use a premium Electric shaver like Braun Series 9, Braun Series 7 or Panasonic Arc5 electric shaver
- One of the highlights about The Panasonic ES3831K is the wet/dry feature, which means that in the shower it is usable or you can use it with the shaving gel & cream.
Replacement Parts of Panasonic ES3831K
When your foil and the inner blade will be damaged, you have to replace these parts and this thing goes a bit sour.
The Panasonic WES9979P inner blade and foil– with a cheap, compact shaver like the Panasonic ES3831K, you will sometimes come across this type of odd conditions.
As an example the Remington R95, the replacement part is not available. This is almost the same reason- The parts buying cost is more than the whole shaver, so it will be better to buy another shaver.
For this reason, I would suggest you when the replacement blade will damage, buy a new shaver and enjoy the new performance instead of replacement panic.
If you are agreeing to compromise on performance for portability and cost savings and your answer is yes, then the Panasonic ES3831K is one of the better travel shavers for the outing.
When you want to buy an inexpensive shaver and the performance is reasonably well (compared by other products in this class) and one that you can throw it any types of toiletry bag, and then the ES3831K is best for you.
If the performance and closeness is the matter to you, then you should better to look for some another shaving products I said before.
I would rather compromise a bit of extra space in my toiletry bag and bring along a proper razor.
The closeness of shaver, poor performance when you will shave your longer hairs, without trimmer and sub-optimal comfort destruct the shaving experience with pretty much all shavers I have used.
If most of these defects are not matter to you or you just want a portable shaver for quick touch-ups then I will recommend you that the ES3831K keep in your consideration.
The Panasonic ES3831K is similar to Braun M90 in many regards like price, dimensions. After using both of them my opinion is that the Braun M90 is overall a better shaver than this.
#For These Reasons:
- The closeness- the Braun M90 is still a basic bearable shaver but the performance cannot match with an advanced shaver, but it gives me ca loser shave than the Panasonic ES3831K.
- It is more comfortable- I also feel some discomfort after shaving by M90 but it is less than this Panasonic razor.
- The built quality- I am really impressed with its built quality. Especially about the price range. The ES3831K also a good product but the M90 is stronger, refined and more secure grip.
- Design- the rotating cap that acts as a brilliant travel lock, the cleaning brush and the battery cover of M90 that stays attached to its body.
- Hair trimmer- there is a pop-up hair trimmer with the Braun M90. But there is no pop-up trimmer in ES3831K. So it’s a great feature.
When you will shave your flat lying hairs the Braun M90 and Panasonic ES3831K are equally bad.
The Braun M90 is little pricey than Panasonic ES3831K.
Braun M-60 Mobile Shaver
Braun M90 and Braun M60 are almost the same. There 2 differences between them.
- Braun M-60 is semi-transparent blue color and Braun M-90 is black color.
- There is no hair trimmer with Braun M-60
If you don’t need a hair trimmer you should buy The Braun M-60 because the price of it is almost half of the Braun M90.
If you want to buy a rotary shaver you have another equally popular option from Philips Norelco, it is Philips Norelco PQ208.
Another name of this shaver is Philips Norelco Shaver 510.
You will get- Philips Norelco shaver 510, protective cap, cleaning brush, 2 AA batteries in the box.
- Gives a clean shave
- There are self-sharpening blades for the close shave
- The shaver head can independently follow every contour of your face
- Rotary type blade
- 60 min running time