Men need to face many types of skin problems while shaving like- razor burn, nicks and cuts, redness etc. These are serious problems because we have to shave regularly. For that, we suppose to suffer regularly especially that person who has to have a clean shave. To relieve from these problems, some electric shavers have arrived in the market but all the electric shavers are not able to do so. To find out an actual good performing shaver which will do close shave and comfortable operation together is really very tough. We know who use electric shaver; Braun is one of the world famous electric shaver Brand. Braun designed their Series 9, Series 5 shavers especially for sensitive skin and solved all the shaving-related problems. The Braun 5030s is one shaver of their Series 5. This post is a detailed review of Braun Series 5 5030s electric shaver.
Features And Specifications
|FEATURES||BRAUN SERIES 5 5030s|
|Wet & Dry||Yes|
|Pivoting Head||8 Directions|
|Operation||Both Cordless & Corded|
|Head Lock||Yes (Locks in 5 Directions)|
|Cleaning and Charging Station||No|
|Charging Time||1 Hour|
|Running Time||50 Minutes|
|Quick Charging Option||5 Minutes|
|Money Back Guarantee||Up To 60 Days|
|Price||View On Amazon|
What’s in The Box?
- Braun 5030s electric shaver
- AC adapter
- A little cleaning brush
- Protective cap
- Travel Bag
- User Manual
Shortly About Braun Series 5 5030s
- Braun 5030s electric shaver is engineered with skin sensitive technology for maximum performance as well as super skin comfort.
- The motor is Auto-sensing which will provide proficient shaving in each stroke, even with dense beards.
- The shaver head can move in 8-directions for constant skin contact, even in difficult areas.
- You can use this shaver cordless/corded.
- This shaver is 100% waterproof.
Comfortable Flex Head
Individually suspended cutting elements react instantly to even in the smallest contours.
It has automatically steering 40-degree riveting shaver head.
The head effortlessly navigates along larger contours for efficient shaving with less skin pressure which reduces skin irritations.
The shaver head of Braun 5030s can move in 8 directions for constant skin contact even in difficult areas.
Patented Ultra Active-lift
Braun Series 5 5030s shaver has patented ultra active-lift technology which makes short work of problem hair.
And enhance oscillating middle trimmer which lifts and cuts even flat laying hairs with over 290 movements per seconds for a noticeably ferrous shaving in fewer strokes especially on neck and chin area.
2 SensoFoil Blades
There are 2 senso-foil blades and these foils have 899 unique apertures.
These will provide 0.058mm close shave perfectly and provide your skin lasting smoothness.
The Braun Series 5 5030s has new Braun power drive with 20% more motor power.
This motor provides constant high-speed cutting even on dense hair for ultimate shaving performance on every terrain.
Cross Hair Blade
Braun 5030s comes with cross hair blade with bronze.
The cross hair blade is a futile combination of sharp blades and ultra-thin foil with, specially designed foil pattern.
It can capture stubborn hairs and even the shortest stop.
Triple Action Cutting System
3 individual cutting elements work simultaneously to cut both short and long hairs with ease.
This Braun series 5 5030s electric shaver is fully washable up to 5m. For that cleaning is very easy. There is no any risk of water causing problems.
The Precision Trimmer
Precision trimmer is for precise beard lines and sideburns.
Braun series 5 5030s electric shaver is powered by rechargeable lithium-ion battery which will provide 50min of operating time per hour of charge.
Don’t be worry if the battery is discharged. Because you can use this machine with plug in.
This Braun series 5 5030s electric shaver comes with a powerful lithium-ion battery.
This battery will provide the shaver 50 minutes of running juice per 1 hour of charge.
The running time may change according to the beard growth.
There is also a quick charge option.
If you charge the shaver for 5 minutes, the battery will provide the shaver enough juice for 1 shave.
There is a battery indicator in the handle of the shaver.
When you charge the shaver to an electrical outlet, it will take some time to flash.
The battery indicator will provide the battery status.
- When the shaver is connected with the wall outlet during charging, the indicator will flash green.
- When your shaver is 100% charged and connected with the wall outlet, and that time the battery indicator will light up green for a few seconds.
- If the battery is running low, the indicator will flash
- If the battery is discharged, in this time you can also shave with this shaver connecting to an electrical outlet.
NOTE- Braun recommended for charging the ambient temperature is 41 degree F to 95 degree F, 5 degree C to 35 degree F, otherwise the battery doesn’t charge properly.
Built Quality of Braun 5030s Shaver
This Braun series 5 5030s electric shaver comes with very ergonomic design; the shaver is full black color, which makes it attractive.
The shaver is very lightweight, the shaver dimensions are – 3.2 x 6.2 x 8.7 inches.
This Braun electric shaver is engineered to last up to 7 years, and provide you comfortable shaving performance.
The foil and cutter cassette is situated in the top of the shaver handle, in both side of the shaver head the cassette release button located.
This electric shaver is engineered with multi-head lock switch which will offer you 5 adjustable angles for a precise shave.
The ON/OFF button is situated in the front side of the shaver handle under the multi-head lock switch.
The travel lock and battery symbol are also situated in the front side of the shaver handle.
On the back side of the shaver handle, you can see the long hair trimmer.
The shaver-to-station contact is also on the back side of the shaver handle.
The release button for long hair trimmer is located on the trimmer.
The shaver power socket is situated at the bottom of the handle.
Using This Shaver
Tips for a dry shave-
To get a perfect dry shave, Braun recommended 3 simple tips.
- Always apply this shaver in your dry beard before washing your face.
- During shave hold the shaver at 90 degree angle to your skin.
- Extend your skin and move the shaver against the beard growth.
The Multi Head-lock Switch
- When you shave in a difficult area like- under the nose, slide the multi-head lock switch down to lock the shaver head because it can be locked in 5 positions.
- If you want to change the position, move the head of this shaver with your thumb as well as forefinger back or forth, then the lock will automatically click into the next position.
The Long Hair Trimmer
There is a long hair trimmer with this shaver and it is attached with the shaver handle.
To trim your sideburns, mustache, and beard just press the release button and then slide the long hair trimmer upwards.
I think it is a super feature of the Braun series 5 5030s electric shaver.
Travel Lock System
This Braun series 5 5050s electric shaver is engineered with travel lock system; it will prevent the shaver from accidentally turning ON.
When the shaver is locked; the lock symbol will light up in the shaver display.
- Activation of travel lock – to active the travel lock, press the ON/OFF button for 3 seconds, the travel lock will be activated. In this time you will hear a beep sound and the lock symbol in the display, and then the display will turn OFF.
- Deactivation of travel lock – to deactivate the travel lock again press the ON/OFF button for 3 seconds.
Way of Cleaning
There are 2 ways of cleaning this electric shaver.
Cleaning through water-
- Always clean the shaver cordless.
- 1st switch ON the shaver and hold the shaver under running lukewarm water until all residues have been removed.
- For hygienic clean, you can use a bit of liquid soap except abrasive substances. Rinse off all the soap and run the shaver few more seconds.
- Then, turn off the shaver and remove the foil and cutter cassette and let them dry completely. To remove them, press the release button.
- If you clean the shaver with water after every use, you have to oil the foil and cutter cassette once a week.
Cleaning with the included cleaning brush
- Before cleaning, be certain the shaver is turned off.
- Then remove the foil and cutter cassette by pressing the release button.
- After removing tap it out on a flat surface of it.
- Now, to clean the inner area of the pivoting head, use the cleaning brush.
- Never clean the cassette with the cleaning brush, it can cause damage for this part.
Braun recommended that the user have to change the foil and cutter cassette every 18 months.
I think replacement is depended on using habit, it can be sooner than 18 months or later.
Replace the part to get maximum performance after using maximum duration.
Braun warrants this Braun series 5 5030s electric shaver for a period of 2 years from the date of original purchase.
If you see defects in material and workmanship, Braun will repair or replace your product without any charge (without foil and cutter block).
This warranty does not cover if your product damage for lack of reasonable care, misuse/abuse or accident.
60 Day Money-back Guarantee
The Braun series 5 5030s electric shaver comes with 60 days money back satisfaction guarantee.
After using this shaver, if are not fully satisfied with the performance, you can return it within 60 days from the exact purchase date.
This service won’t work after 60 days even in 61 days.
To minimize the risk of burns/fire/injury/electric shock to users:
- Bosom supervision is essential when you use this shaver on near children or disable persons.
- Apply this machine only for its intended use.
- Do not use any attachments which do not come with this package.
- Never operate this Electric shaver with a damaged cord. If it does not work properly or is damaged for any reasons then contact with Braun service center.
- Do not keep the power cord in the heated surfaces.
- Do not use this shaver with broken/damaged foil; it can be causes of serious injury.
- If you plugging this electric shaver with an electrical outlet outside of North America, use the power adapter.
- Always 1st attach the power cord with the shaver, then to the wall outlet.
- Powerful motor drive.
- Corded and cordless use.
- Wet/Dry Shaver.
- 100% Waterproof.
- Super comfortable shave.
- Travel lock.
- 8 directions pivoting head.
- Long lasting foils and blades.
- Great for sensitive skin.
- Pop-up trimmer.
- 60 days money-back guarantee.
- No cleaning dock.
Everybody knows that Braun shavers are comparably costly and the quality is better than competitors.
But the Braun 3040s shaver costs less and gives much.
You know it is a series 5 shaver by Braun and this series is the second most popular on the market by Braun.
Considering all the sides, I did not find any reasonable cause to avoid this shaver and I can personally recommend this one.
The Braun series 5 5030s electric shaver does not come with automatic cleaning and charging station which may be a downside for somebody.
But I do not think this is a major issue. You can separately buy the cleaning and charging dock if you like to make the shaver automatically clean and dry.
Otherwise, you can select the Braun Series 5 5090cc electric shaver which comes with the cleaning and charging dock.
But both of the shavers are mostly the same.
Braun offers 60 days money-back guarantee with their Braun Series 5 5030 shaver.
So, after buying this shaver, you can return it and get the full money back if the shaver cannot meet your satisfaction.