Braun has recently revamped their Braun BT5050 and released the Braun BT5265 with more facilities. On the other hand, Braun reduced the cost of the new product although there are lots of upgrades in the new Braun BT5265 trimmer. Let’s elaborate the fact and analyze the new Braun BT5265 trimmer.
- The manufacturer used tougher blades in the new Braun BT5265 beard trimmer for more efficient and flawless trims than the older Braun BT5050 trimmer.
- Both models come with an adjustable dial-up wheel system for beard and hair length settings.
- The Most adorable upgrade in the new version is, the Braun bt5265 comes with an 8x powerful rechargeable battery than the older Braun bt5050 trimmer.
- There are 26 hair length settings in the old trimmer but the new version comes with 39 trimming length settings.
- There is a bonus Gillette Fusion ProGlide razor in the new Braun BT5265 trimmer package.
- Both versions are fully washable. So, it’s very easy to clean the device and attachments.
- There are two guide combs with both versions of beard trimmers.
- A bonus mini foil shaver head is included in the Braun BT5265 trimmer package for precision shaving.
What’s in the Box?
I got the following items in the Braun BT5265 beard and hair trimmer package.
- Braun BT5265 trimmer itself
- 2 guide combs
- AC adapter
- A little cleaning brush
- Gillette Fusion ProGlide razor
- 2 Gillette spare blades
- A small foil shaver head
- Warranty card and manual
The older version Braun BT5050 doesn’t come with the foil head and the Gillette razor. But that one comes with an appliance oil and a carry bag that are very cheap though.
Features and Specifications
New Technology Blades:
Braun especially upgraded their blade quality in the new generation beard trimmers.
The new blades are significantly sharper, harder, faster and efficient than the older versions.
As a result, the consumers who blamed the older Braun BT5050 for it’s blade quality, are fully satisfied with the new tweak.
I personally like Braun’s new generation trimmer blades.
I found, these blades are able to cut long or thick hair perfectly without any pulling or tugging.
High Precision Trimmer:
This is one of the most significant upgrade in the new generation trimmer that these come with more trimming lengths capabilities.
The Braun BT5265 comes with a built in precision dial system to adjust trimming lengths from 0.5mm to 20mm in 0.5mm incremental steps.
It means, there are 39 trimming lengths you can have with the Braun BT5265 trimmer where the older Braun BT5050 provided 25.
The Braun Bt5265 will provide you exact lengths and precise edges trim. There are two fundamentals to create any stylish look.
Whether you demand a designer stubble or want a trim of your full beard, the adjustable trimming combs will give the flexibility you want.
The precision comb:– (1mm-10mm) with 0.5mm steps for ultimate precision to obtain your desired look. The precision comb has a dial option to easily select your desired length from 1mm to 10mm by dialing left and right. This is super easy huh!
The long beard comb:– (10mm-20mm) which will provide you with more range for keeping up a longer beard style.
Braun BT5265 is fully washable. Even the older version Braun BT5050 was washable too.
So; for an easy clean, you can hold the trimmer under running water.
Being waterproof, you don’t need to be worry about water causes problems.
LED Charging Indicator:
The LED charging indicator will flash green during the trimmer charges.
When the battery power becomes running out the LED indicator will flash red.
Battery Life of Braun BT5265:
This is the most important aspect I found in the new version with a tremendous upgrade.
The new Braun BT5265 trimmer comes with a rechargeable Lithium-ion battery that provides 100 minutes of continuous cordless runtime.
The charging time is only 1 hour.
I think the 1 hour/ 100 minute is a great composition for a trimmer this time.
On the other hand, the older version Braun BT5050 provides 50 minutes of runtime and takes 8 hours for a full charge.
The runtime and charging time was really disappointed for some users although an expensive trimmer.
That’s why the older ones got too many negative reactions.
Cordless + Corded Trimmer:
The both versions of Braun trimmer are cordless and corded.
If your trimmer is out of the power, you can get urgent trims with direct corded connection of electricity.
An important bonus point is, it has a 5 minute quick charging option.
If you are not comfortable with corded trimming operations, it offers you an enough juice for an urgent groom with a 5 minute quick charge.
Auto Sense Motor:
The new generation Braun trimmers come with upgraded auto sensing motor.
The motor can read the beard density and apply the adequate power for accomplishing the trimming process efficiently.
The Bonus Gillette Razor:
As mentioned before, the Braun BT5265 comes with a bonus Gillette Fusion Proglide razor that is useful for making clean edges.
After making a beard/hair trim, you can shave off your outline hairs from your facial or head edges.
Moreover, you can shave off your beard with the Gillette bonus razor for a clean face.
Bonus Mini Foil Head:
The bonus mini foil head is very helpful for making precision shaving.
When you need to clean narrow areas, it’s pretty hard to do it with a professional razor, disposable razor, or a trimmer.
In this field, the narrow foil head is pretty useful and efficient.
The Braun BT5265 is fully made with plastic.
If you are fan of metal body of Philips Multigroom 9000/7000 or Wahl 9818, you should skip this one.
But practically, it feels pretty sturdy and comparably stronger than similar quality trimmers.
I’m just the fan of the new ultra durable steel blades that is probably made for lifetime lasting of the trimmer.
The blades are sharp and hard enough to complete its job efficiently I found.
The main problem with clumsy trimmers is pulling and tugging that you will not ever feel with the Braun’s trimmers.
And that is why I think Braun charges more than competitors.
The another aspect I really appreciate is the battery quality of the new Braun BT5265 trimmer.
The 100 mins backup and 1 hour charging duration is really satisfactory.
Some users have negative reactions for its plastic built china production.
But I did not find it as fragile to blame the trimmer.
I only blame the slippery grasp of the trimmer that could have been covered with a secured rubber grip.
I think the manufacturer should use a rubber grip at the handle in the next update.
The trimmer itself made with high-quality plastic. I am happy with its trimming performance.
The trimmer head is 1.5’’ wide and it is able to trim my hair, beard, mustache, sideburn, jaw-line, and under the neck.
When I trim my beard, I did not feel any kind of hair pulling.
Performance wise, the Braun BT5265 is a great tool that met my satisfaction.
But when I use the attachment comb it feels flimsy.
Braun should take extra care to develop the combs to fit with the trimmer head more firmly.
Cleaning and Maintenance
You can clean the Braun BT5265 in dry or wet. Dry clean is so easy. You will get a little cleaning brush with this package. You have to use this for dry cleaning.
1st remove the attachment comb from the trimmer head. Removing is so easy, there are 2 switches in both sides of the trimmer head, just press them softly and the comb will be removed.
Then brush the comb thoroughly in the inner side and outer side. You can hold it in the running tap for wet clean.
1st turn off the shaver and unblock the trimmer head by pulling it. Now rinse it in hot water not boiling water of course. It is very easy to clean under running water. For a hygienic clean you can apply a bit of liquid soap.
Now, it’s time to dry the shaver with an open head.
If the shaver is cleaned and dried enough you have to lubricate the trimmer blades with the blade oil which comes with this package. 1st apply a little bit of oil on the top of the blades then you have to unblock the trimmer head to lubricate the inner parts of the trimmer.
In the trimmer head, there are 4 points to lubricate. The lubrication makes your machine faster and a better cut. Don’t apply too much. Now close the trimmer head.
- Lifetime durable blades.
- Fast and efficient performance.
- 39 trimming lengths for stubble to longer hair maintenance.
- Premium battery
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Cordless + corded.
- Bonus Gillette razor and narrow foil head.
- 5-minute quick charge.
- Made in China.
- Fully plastic-built body.
I tried to give you almost all the information about the Braun BT5265 comparing with the older version Braun BT5050 trimmer.
The price range is also more compelling than the older generation Braun trimmers.
I do not call it the best trimmer, but a quality product in a handsome budget with maximum facilities.
Braun BT5265 vs Braun BT5070
- This trimmer also comes with 2 attachment combs which will provide us 25 hair-length settings.
- The stainless steel blades remain sharp for the lifetime lasting of the trimmer itself.
- Comes with 2 Ni-MH batteries which will provide 50 min operating time per 1-hour charge.
- The cleaning system is so easy because the trimmer is 100% waterproof. So for an easy clean just hold the trimmer under running water.
- You can use it cordless or corded.
- Comes with an additional detail trimmer which is located on the front side of the trimmer
Braun BT5265 vs Braun BT5090
- Comes with 2 attachment combs which will provide 25 hair length settings. precision comb and hair clipper
- This model also waterproof like others
- Stainless steel sharp blades stay sharp up to its lifetime
- The BT5090 also comes with a detail trimmer like its previous model Braun BT 5070
- Dual battery system and the battery will operate 40min per 1-hour charge.
- There is also a quick charge option – 5 min charge is enough for 1 trim
- We can use it cordless or corded
- Comes with a rounded cleaning stand