The no.1 wallet winner Braun BT3020 is no longer available on the market because the manufacturer revamped the trimmer with a new model Braun BT3221. The new Braun BT3221 comes with more power and some advanced technologies but the price remains identical. This inexpensive beard trimmer comes with a new look that is really a good tweak.
In this article, I’ll discuss the pros and cons of the popular beard trimmer Braun BT3221 including all features and specifications.
- Braun beard trimmer bt221 comes with 20 precision hair length settings with 0.5mm incremental steps.
- The trimmer will provide ultimate precision with the super-sharp, lifetime lasting blades.
- The trimmer head is fully washable but it is not waterproof.
- This trimmer will deliver 50 minutes of running time at per 10 hours of charge.
- Precision dial technology for selecting the preferred length.
- There is a comb attachment inlcuded in the package for 1mm to 10mm beard length settings.
What’s in the Box?
- Braun BT3221 beard trimmer itself.
- One adjustable comb
- A little cleaning brush
Feature and Specifications
The Braun BT3221 electric beard trimmer is engineered with 20 hair length settings which will provide you ultimate control and maximum precision on all beard lengths.
This beard trimmer will evenly trim stubble and provide you short to medium beards with the attachment beard comb.
This electric beard trimmer is able to create a defined contour line perfectly.
So, you can make stylish edges in your facial hair and head hair.
#Washable Head and Comb
This beard trimmer is not fully washable but the trimmer head and the comb are fully washable.
#Life Time Lasting Sharp Blades
The stainless steel blades are ultra sharp and this sharpness will remain up to the lifetime of blades.
And these blades are able to cut the thickest hairs without pulling or tugging.
But some user’s said that who has a thick beard, they did not get a great trimming performance.
The sharpness of the blades can handle the thin beard easily.
Who have curl and thick beard; they face some issues but bearable.
This Braun bt3221 electric beard trimmer is powered by a rechargeable battery and this battery will deliver 50 minutes of running time per 10 hours of charge.
Braun provides 2 years of warranty from the purchase date for this product without the foil and cutter block.
Within 2 years, if your product damages against the defect of materials or workmanship, Braun will repair or replace your trimmer without any cost.
This warranty does not cover if your product damages for any accident, misuse/abuse, dirt, water, lack of reasonable care.
To get all the services, register your product immediately after purchase.
NOTE: This warranty covers only the USA and Canada.
60 Days Free Trial
Braun offers 60 days satisfactory free trial for this trimmer.
After a trial, if you don’t get fully satisfied with the performance, you can return it and Braun will provide your full money back.
The Braun bt3221 beard trimmer is designed with a very attractive black and lime green color appearance.
This Braun electric trimmer is very lightweight that it will easily fit on your hand.
The trimmer dimensions are 2.2 x 6.1 x 8.7 inches; 6.9 ounces.
This trimmer has been engineered only for cordless use. The trimmer is not waterproof.
So never immerse it into the tab or sink. But the trimmer head and the comb are fully washable.
Braun BT3221 is powered by a rechargeable AA battery and this battery will deliver 50 minutes of running time per 10 hours of charge.
10 hour charging time is really very long that I think could be a downside of this trimmer.
But if you recharge this with slyness, it is not a big issue.
Connect the trimmer to the outlet at twilight and it will be ready in the morning with the full charge.
There is an LED display that will provide battery status. It gives alerts about when the battery is low when the shaver needs to connect with the electrical outlet and when the battery is fully charged.
- Be sure, the trimmer is switched off before connecting with the electrical outlet.
- When you charge this trimming machine, the charging indicator lights up continuously.
- It will take 10 hours to become fully charged.
- After a full charge, disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet. Don’t charge it over.
- Place the precision comb onto the trimmer head.
- Now turn the length selector until it comes to your desired cutting length and then the adjustable comb will slide automatically up or down.
- This adjustable comb provides 20 hair length settings – from 1mm to 10mm with 0.5 incremental steps.
- After setting a length, turn ON the trimmer.
- Place the flat side comb over your skin and move it against the hair growth.
- Avoid clogging the comb with the hair and clean it thoroughly after every use.
- If you want to shape your sideburns and mustaches, you have to take off the precision comb.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Proper cleaning and maintenance will keep your trimmer ready for use every time and provide you an optimal trimming performance.
- Before cleaning, you have to switch off this trimming machine.
- Then remove the comb from the trimmer head and also remove the blades from it.
- Now brush the comb and blades thoroughly to remove the loose hair.
- Since the comb and the trimmer head are washable, you can rinse them under running water.
- For hygienic cleaning, you can use a bit of liquid soap.
- After a rinse, let them completely dry and oil the blades after every cleaning. Oil is not included but you can use a light oil like – sewing machine oil.
To minimize the risk of electric shock, burns, or accident:
- Only use this trimmer in dry condition because it is not waterproof.
- Never immerse this trimmer in the sink or tab.
- Never place this machine near to the bathtub or sink.
- After a full charge, unplug the trimmer from electrical outlet immediately.
- Always use the charger which is included with this package.
- Close supervision is essential when you will use this machine on near children or invalids.
- Use this trimming machine as described in the user manual.
- Never charge the trimmer with a damaged power cord because it can be causes of burn.
- Never operate the machine with broken/damaged blades.
- Keep away the trimmer and charger from heated surfaces.
- Maintenance is very easy
- SImple functions
- Lifetime lasting sharp blades
- Good built quality
- Note waterproof
- Charging time is very long (10 hours)
The Braun BT3221 is an inexpensive solution for men who want to trim their beards to stubble (0.5mm to 10mm). There are some limitations to the device but we have to consider the cost first since there are very few branded beard trimmers in this price range that come with such features. It’s a recommended device for you if you are not lazy with charging the device for the full night and get 50 minutes of cordless trimming. Since there is no issue with the trimming efficiency, I’ll not blame the device for its other minor limitations.
If you read through my full review about the Braun BT3221 beard trimmer above, this might not be enough because Braun has also another strong solution.
If you have enough money to spare a little bit more, the Braun BT3240 will be a superb choice for you.
1st of all, I want to talk about the shaving performance of it. There are lots of differences between them.
The Braun BT3240 comes with 39 different precision hair length settings.
The blades are able to handle more hair and any trimming task with no issue.
The great feature is the battery life.
The battery is pretty impressive; the Nickel-metal rechargeable battery of Braun bt3240 will deliver 80 minutes of running time per hour of charge.
On the other hand, that can be used while charging (cordless + corded).
You will get more accessories with the Braun BT3240 than the Braun BT3221.
There are 2 adjustable combs and a Gillette Fusion pro-glide razor is included with the Braun BT3240.
I think it will help you to take your decision.