Braun Series 3 shavers are designed and engineered in Germany and the Braun 3050cc is a variation of the new Braun Series 3 ProSkin line of the affordable electric shavers. But a version of Braun 3050cc has been made in Japan. The Braun Series 3 3050cc electric shaver is very popular for its reasonable price and some compelling features. Here I will share my experience, features, and specifications of the Braun series 3 3070cc/3050cc.
- It comes with a cleaning and charging dock that cleans and charges the device automatically.
- Braun used 3 pressure sensitive shaving elements in the head that are very flexible while shaving.
- Braun named the shaver with “ProSkin” shaver that refers to premium-grade skin comfort.
- It’s a wet/dry shaver and 100% waterproof device that offers versatile shaving facilities and maintaining capacity.
- Braun Series 3 3070cc and 3050cc come with 2 rechargeable NiMH batteries that offer 45 minutes of runtime with 1 hour charge.
- Universal voltage for worldwide use.
- There is a sturdy travel pouch in the new version Braun 3070cc.
- There is a built-in precision trimmer in the shaver for precision trimming and edging.
What’s in the box?
The new generation ProSkin shaver Braun 3070cc comes with a travel pouch and the older 3050cc doesn’t come with travel pouch although charges more. After unboxing the package you will find the following items in the box:
- Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3050cc electric shaver
- Clean & Charge station
- Cleaning cartridge
- A little cleaning brush
- A plastic protective cap
- An extensible charging cord
- User manual
The German brand designed its Braun series 3 shavers in a simple and attractive interface.
The full shaving power of Braun series 3 ProSkin is built in a thin precision head, simple and intuitive design to reach difficult areas like under the nose.
It has a very reasonable and comfortable size to grasp and operate by anyone’s hand.
There are 3 specialized shaving elements for a close and gentle shave as well as they are pressure sensitive.
The shaving elements are protected by patented metal mesh (senso foil) for outstanding skin comfort.
The Braun Series 3 3050cc comes with micro-comb technology.
The micro comb guides more hairs into the cutting parts of the electric shaver for a faster shave with great skin comfort.
This technology works well on a 3-day beard.
Sensitive Skin Compatibility:
Braun is an iconic German brand specialized in world-class precision shavers and their product is for all types of skin.
This foil shaver Braun 3050cc has been engineered with pressure sensitive blades that automatically retract to protect your skin.
And provide you a gentle shave and smooth skin feeling.
That is why the shaver is known as Braun ProSkin shaver.
On the back side of Braun Series 3 Proskin shaver, There is a pop-up trimmer.
The trimmer is ideal for shaping sideburns or trimming beards prior to shaving.
But one thing, it takes a long time to provide actual results.
Premium Battery :
Braun series 3 proskin 3070cc can be operated both cordless and corded.
The shaver is powered by NiMH (nickel-metal hydride battery) rechargeable battery.
This powerful battery provides 45 minutes of cordless electric shaving and after using this shaver for 3 weeks, I am convinced that this statement is pretty accurate.
A 5 minutes quick charge is sufficient for 1 shave (when the battery is fully drained).
There are 2 options for charging this Braun 3050cc/3070cc:
- You can charge this shaver directly by plugging the cord into the shaver.
- Another way is by placing the shaver in the charging dock.
Wet & Dry Shaver:
This is one of the nice features of the Braun series 3 3050cc/3070cc shaver.
You can use the shaver both wet and dry. It’s not that you get a comfortable shave on your wet beard but an uncomfortable shave on your dry beard.
In either case, you will get a comfortable shave.
The Braun Series 3 ProSkin is fully washable up to 5 meters, so you can rinse them under running water for easy and hygienic cleaning.
But the Series 3 3050cc provides me a comfortable and smooth shave with regards to closeness.
Pre-shave always helps me to get a better shave and shaving after 3 days of my beard growth wasn’t the best with the 3050cc.
It tends to leave some longer hairs behind especially on my neck.
However, it was still a little bit better than the Panasonic Arc3.
The shavers from Braun series 3 are pretty basic and it cannot lead a very heavy beard.
So in this case, I will recommend you for more powerful and advanced shaver – like Series 5.
My shaving experience with the Braun 3050cc was satisfactory and I don’t have any major objections as I don’t have much coarse beard.
Again, you have to consider the price of it.
If you want to purchase a shaver for personal use, then this Braun series 3 3050cc will be better for you than the Panasonic Arc 3.
It is more comfortable when you use it on dry skin.
I used the pop-up trimmer only for my sideburns and honestly, I didn’t like it.
It takes a few passes to cut effectively.
Cleaning and Maintenance
(The price and the clean & charge station) is one of the main selling points of the Braun Series 3 proskin 3050cc.
There are 2 ways to clean the shaver – manually and through the clean&charge station.
#Clean by Cleaning Station:
The manufacturer recommended that – your shaver should be cleaned by the clean&charge station after every use.
There is a cleaning indicator situated in the shaver’s handle.
Certainly, when the yellow cleaning indicator shines constantly after shaving that means you have to clean the shaver.
Just put the shaver into the clean & charge station, it will be automatically cleaned.
When you clean the shaver through the clean&charge station, the yellow light will flash and after about 4 hours the cleaning will be done.
#Manual Cleaning with Water:
Manual cleaning means you have to clean under running water.
Since the shaver is 100% waterproof, it’s really convenient to clean the shaver manually. To clean the shaver manually –
- Turn on the shaver (of course cordless).
- And then hold the shaver head and the precision mode switch under running water.
- You may use liquid soap for hygienic cleaning and hold the shaver until all residues have been removed.
- After completely cleaning, switch off the shaver and remove the foil & cutter cassette. Let it dry.
Note: if you clean with water regularly, you have to use a drop of light machine oil (not included) for better performance.
Manual Dry Cleaning:
There is a cleaning brush with the Braun Series 3 ProSkin shaver package. With the small cleaning brush, you can easily clean it with seconds.
- When you clean the shaver with a brush, 1stly you have to turn off the shaver.
- Then remove the foil and cutter cassette.
- Brush the inner side of the shaver head.
- Don’t use the brush to clean the foil and cutter cassette, because this may damage them.
Considering all the facilities and disadvantages, I definitely recommend cleaning the shaver with the cleaning and charging station.
Braun used the same shaving head (cassette) in all the series 3 razors.
These cassettes are fitted with the foils and the blades, so you can’t replace or buy them separately.
You can purchase the cassette for the Braun 3050cc at a very reasonable price.
You have to replace these parts once every 18 months.
- Delivers a comfortable, smooth and close shave.
- Worth for money.
- Cordless and corded
- Clean & charge station.
- Powerful battery.
- Replacement parts are not expensive.
- Good built quality.
- The pop-up should be better
- Takes several passes for a long and thick beard.
- The cleaning base is a basic version of the ones included with premium Braun shavers like series 9 or series 7.
What’s the difference between Braun 3070cc and 3050cc
I found the both model refers to the same device and the only difference is, the Braun 3070cc comes with a travel pouch and 3050cc doesn’t.
Another difference I noticed is the price. The new Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3070cc costs lower than the older model 3050cc.
While the Braun Series 3 3070cc/3050cc boasts a 4-star rating, that means this shaver has many happy customers and you won’t know how it works until you use it.
However, if you are looking for a shaver for around $100, this product is definitely worth the $100. The shaving performance is satisfactory.
Some Important Questions and Answers
What is the warranty period?
Is it returnable?
Yes, within 60 days.
Can you use it when plugged in?
No, it’s a cordless shaver and only for cordless use.
Can you use it on your head?
Yes, but you must trim the hairs first and make them stubble to shave off.Yes.
Can you use it in private areas?
Yes, but it’s not recommended to use it out of the face and head for hygiene purpose.