Andis the brand is well known for quality electric shavers and trimmers. The Andis ProFoil lithium 17150 is one of the most advanced and popular shaver models by Andis. If you have sensitive skin and face razor burn still now with your regular shaver or electric shaver, you can make a try the ANDIS pro-foil shaver. This shaver is especially popular for comfortable shaves. Here I will try to provide you all information about the ANDIS 17150 pro-foil electric shaver.
Let’s check is it perfect for your skin or not?
About the ANDIS Company
The ANDIS Company started in 1922 and it has a long history.
In 1922 the ANDIS Company manufactured hair clippers and now they are still manufacturing shavers and selling their products in almost 90 countries.
The ANDIS 17150 pro-foil electric shaver is built with light and compact design.
For that, it is easy to carry this shaver with you on the travel.
What Comes with the Package?
- The Andis Profoil lithium shaver itself
- Power cord
- Little cleaning brush
- User manual
- This Andis foil shaver will provide the perfect finishing fades and remove stubble very closely.
- The Hypo-allergenic foil will prevent your skin from skin irritations.
- This shaving machine is powered by lithium-ion battery which will provide 80 minutes of running juice with per hour of charge.
- The user can use this shaver cordless/corded, so never have to stop shaving.
- It will provide the best shaving performance in dry hair and face.
- The blade needs to oil after every use.
- Full 1-year warranty.
This Andis 17150 pro-foil electric shaver is powered by lithium-ion battery.
This battery will deliver 80 minutes of non-stop running time per hour of charge.
Charge the shaver for 2 hours when you will charge the shaver for the 1st time.
It will provide you the maximum performance.
And be certain the shaver is turned off when you will connect it with the electrical outlet.
#Advantages of lithium-ion batteries
- Lithium-ion batteries are made with high energy density.
- It does not need prolonged priming when it is new, the regular charge is enough.
- Comparatively low self-discharge than nickel-based batteries.
- The battery cells especially can give high current to applications such as a power tool.
- It does not need high maintenance.
NOTE: never wrap the power cord around the shaver.
The ANDIS pro-foil shaver is engineered with a very lightweight and compact design.
The shaver dimensions are – 3 x 5 x 8 inches, total weight is 3.2 ounces only.
This shaver is almost looking like the Wahl professional 5-star series.
Both are a rectangular shape.
BODY of the ANDIS 17150 is – 4.75’’, 0.2ibs, gray polymer.
The dual gold foil is located in the top of the shaver head.
The foil is hypo-allergenic which will prevent the skin from all kinds of skin irritations.
The foil assembly is located under the foil.
The on/off button is situated in the middle of the shaver handle and it is red color.
In the middle right side of the handle, you can see the assembly lock button.
This ANDIS pro-foil electric shaver is designed with a green light charging indicator.
The power socket is located at the bottom of the shaver.
The manufacturer warrants 1 year for this Andis 17150 pro-foil shaver.
This warranty will cover against the defective materials or workmanship within 1 year from the purchase date and the manufacturer will repair or replace your product without any charge.
This warranty will not cover if your product damage for lack of reasonable care, misuse/abuse, and accident.
Who Should Buy This Shaver?
1st of all, this shaver is not for wet use.
If you have so much sensitive skin/ if you are not comfortable with the dry shave/if you cannot shave without shaving gel, foal, soap, lubricate, then I think this shaver will not so good for you.
But this shaver is perfect for traveling and the shaving performance is highly good. The battery life is so long.
The person who like to travel or like to have quick dry shaves, this shaver would be a great compilation for him.
Instructions for Shaving
- Keep the shaver always dry and clean.
- Before operating the shaver remove the protective cap.
- Before using the shaver, check the foil and cutters. If they remain damaged or broken don’t operate the shaver.
- Be certain the battery is not discharged.
- Wash and dry your skin and beard thoroughly before operating it.
- Now turn the shaver ON.
- Move the shaver gently against the bearded grain. Don’t press the shaver too hard over the skin.
- Hold the shaver 90-degree angle to your face.
- To get the closest shave, avoid the unessential wear on the foils, be certain the dual foils contact the skin together at all times. If you hold the shaver where only one foil can contact with skin, that will cause movement of the foil and it may result skin irritations.
The shaver is engineered with both for cordless and corded use. So don’t worry about charging.
- If the shaver is running with corded, the green charging indicator light remains off.
- The indicator light also remains off although the battery is fully discharged.
- The shaver will not charge when you will use this shaver corded.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Proper cleaning and maintenance will provide the user maximum comfort and razor burn free shaving performance.
Before cleaning the shaver, the user has to remove the foil head and cutter bar assembly 1st.
And removing these parts is very easy.
#Removing and cleaning system of foil head
- To remove the foil assembly you have to press the round assembly lock which is situated on the right side of this shaving machine.
- Now lift the foil assembly from the shaver head and hold it under running water for easy cleaning.
- After cleaning let it dry and place it again on the cutter bar. Be careful about the foils.
NOTE: oil the foil after every clean and before a use, to get maximum comfort.
#Removing and cleaning system of the cutter bar
- Grasp the cutter bar on both sides and pull it up.
- After removing, gently brush it to remove the loose hair and debris.
- After thoroughly brushing, hold it under hot running water.
- Now wipe the cutter bar with a cloth/tissue carefully, not to damage it.
- Now replace it on the shaver head.
The manufacturer recommended that, when the cutter and the foil of this ANDIS Profoil Lithium shaver become dull, the user has to replace it.
They did not provide an exact time period to replace this item.
The replacement will depend on the shaving performance of the shaver.
Replacement parts are available in the ANDIS Authorized service stations like Amazon.
- The Lithium ion battery delivers up to 80 minutes of running time in full speed.
- Affordable price range.
- Comes with full 12 months of warranty.
- Perfect for finishing the fades.
- The compact size and light weight make it easy to hold the shaver for long time.
- This shaver is only for dry skin. The user cannot use this shaver in wet skin with shaving gel, foam, soap etc.
- The indicator light sometimes does misbehave.
- If you have long beard and mustache, 1st trim them before shaving. Otherwise, the shaver will pull them.
- It is louder than expected.
To reduce the risk of skin burn, electric shock –
- Close supervision is essential when you will apply this shaver on near children or invalids.
- Don’t charge the shaver beside the sink/ bath tub.
- Always remove the power cord immediately after fully charge the battery.
- Use the shaver only the intended use as described in the user manual.
- Never connect the power cord with the electrical outlet with a damaged cord.
- Never operate the shaver if the foil remains damaged/broken.
- Keep the shaver and the power cord away from the heated surface.
- Don’t operate the shaver where the aerosol (spray) products are being used.
Wahl 5-Star Shaver VS ANDIS Pro-foil shaver.
I have already provided all the information about the ANDIS pro-foil shaver.
Wahl and Andis are almost the same quality shaver.
But Wahl is most favorite and well-known shaver Brand than Andis.
The Wahl 5 star shaver is powered by NI-CAD battery which provides 90 minutes of running time per hour of charge.
Before 1st use, you have to charge the shaver for almost 9.5 hours.
The ANDIS pro-foil shaver is powered by lithium-ion battery.
Charging time is 1 hour and the operating time is 80 minutes. Before 1st use its needs to charge for 2 hours.
#Body as well as Material
Both shavers are a rectangular shape.
The Wahl 5 star shaver comes with gold hypoallergenic foil for maximum skin comfort.
And the ANDIS comes with titanium gold foil to reduce skin irritations.
Both the ANDIS and the Wahl are skilled in this matter.
But the Wahl is better for extremely sensitive skin than this pro-foil shaver.
The Wahl professional 5 star shaver comes with a full 2-year warranty and 60 days satisfactory trial.
The Andis Profoil Lithium comes with only a 1-year warranty and there is no service for a free trial.
There is no shaver Brand that can provide the customers a perfect shaver.
I would recommend this product if you want a close and irritation free shaving experience.
I think you should try it if the shaver meets your budget. Almost 61% of customers provided this shaver 5 star rating.
I don’t have any objection to the shaving performance of it.
The customers who provided the negative reviews, maximum are against the defective material of this shaver.
The shaver is very lightweight and sturdy.
So, it is very easy to handle and carry with you in any place.